missing-QuestionPost
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purge utility for databricks

vijaykumar99535
New Contributor III

I have one requirement where I need to delete older data from a folder, and folder data can be partitioned or without partition. What approach to follow to build this utility?

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @vijay kumarโ€‹ , Databricks workspace administrators can use the admin settings to manage their workspaceโ€™s settings. The articles in this section explain the purpose and function of notable workspace settings.

Check this:-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vijay kumarโ€‹ 

We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Kaniz Fatmaโ€‹ , and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others. 

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

vijaykumar99535
New Contributor III

Hi @Vidula Khannaโ€‹ @Kaniz Fatmaโ€‹ 

It does not answer my real question. We mount adls path in databricks where we read and write the data. Suppose I have one partitioned (partitioned on audit) folder like below. I want to build an utility to delete the 3 days older partition like (/mnt/data/contact/audit=20230620). What is the best approach we can follow to do this. So that it also not impact the parent folder/other partitions.

/mnt/data/contact/audit=20230620

/mnt/data/contact/audit=20230621

/mnt/data/contact/audit=20230622

/mnt/data/contact/audit=20230623

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.