cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Support FAQs
Find answers to common questions and troubleshoot issues with Databricks support FAQs. Access helpful resources, tips, and solutions to resolve technical challenges and enhance your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

The purpose of this FAQ document is to provide users and partners with answers to common queries or concerns related to the Databricks Help Center Single Sign-On process. 

I am a Databricks customer. Does anything change how I access Databricks platform account/workspace?

No, Databricks platform login remains the same. If you use your company’s enterprise SSO or have enabled Email OTP, please continue using that. This change (on Aug 3rd, 2024), is applicable to a few Databricks web resources (Databricks Academy, Partner Portal, and Help Center).

I am a Databricks customer who has enterprise SSO turned on to access Databricks platform. Does this release affect how I login to Databricks Platform with my enterprise account?

No, Databricks platform login remains the same. If you use your company’s enterprise SSO or have enabled Email OTP, please continue using that. This change (on Aug 3rd, 2024), is applicable to a few Databricks web resources (Databricks Academy, Partner Portal, and Help Center).

I am a Databricks customer and has Databricks platform credentials. Can I use the Email OTP workflow instead of the product login options?

No, the Email OTP workflow (The last option in the login screen) would work only for a few selected groups of users (non-customers). Product login options are made available so that customers can use their own enterprise SSO solution to log in to Databricks web resources (e.g. Customer Academy, Community, and Help Center) and also to enable seamless navigation from Databricks products to the portals.

I am an Azure Databricks customer. Why am I not provided the same options as AWS and GCP customers to access Help Center?

Azure Databricks support process is different from AWS or GCP Databricks support process.
Azure customer support is through Microsoft Support and we are not changing anything in that process.

Users can log in to Databricks Platform. But they see an error stating that ‘User account cannot be found  or User account does not exist’ while using the same credentials to log in to Help Center.

If the customer uses enterprise SSO to log in to the Databricks platform, please contact the customer’s Databricks administrator to ensure that SSO is enabled at the account level instead of the workspace level. Instructions can be found here.

I am a Databricks customer who usually navigates to the Help Center from the Databricks workspace. Do I have to re-authenticate to access the Help Center?

If you are an AWS or GCP customer, you do not need to re-authenticate to access the Help Center.

You will be asked to re-authenticate in one of the following cases:

• If you have enterprise SSO configured at the workspace level instead of the account level. Instructions to configure enterprise SSO in Databricks can be found here.
  • If you are an Azure Databricks customer. Azure Databricks support process is different from the AWS or GCP Databricks support process. Azure customer support is through Microsoft Support and we are not changing anything in that process.

I am a Databricks customer who logs in to Databricks using my company’s enterprise SSO. Does anything need to change in my company’s enterprise SSO configuration to allow logging into the Help Center with the same credentials?

If the customer uses enterprise SSO to log in to the Databricks platform, please contact the customer’s Databricks administrator to ensure that SSO is enabled at the account level instead of the workspace level. Instructions can be found here.

I am a Databricks customer who uses Email OTP. Would I get 2 email OTPs?

No, typically you won’t get 2 OTPs.

If you log in to the Databricks Platform using Email OTP, choose login with AWS or Azure (One of the top 2 options on the Help Center login page) and go through the Databricks Platform Email OTP option.

If you are logging into our SSO platform for the first time using a Databricks Platform account, we validate your email by sending an Email OTP. But this is a one-time validation. You will get only one Email OTP in the subsequent logins.

I am a Microsoft employee who needs to login to Databricks Help Center. How can I login?

Microsoft employees who have access to Help Center can use the email OTP workflow to login.

Is there any change in the account creation or registration process?

There is no change to the registration/account creation process. Whenever a new support contract is signed, accounts are onboarded to Help Center by Databricks support team.

What should I (user) do if I'm still unable to log in after several attempts?

If you are using Email OTP, please ensure that you are using the correct email address and entering the correct OTP/Password. Additionally, we recommend using incognito mode while accessing the platform to avoid any cached data issues.

If you are able to log in to your Databricks account/workspace with your enterprise SSO but cannot access the Help Center, please contact your Databricks administrator to ensure that SSO is enabled at the account level instead of the workspace level. Instructions can be found here.

If you are still unable to log in after several attempts, please contact support for further assistance, as there may be an issue with your account or the authentication process. 

User workflow seems to have stuck at any stage of the process

Try accessing the Help Center in an incognito window.

Ensure you are using the correct email address and entering the correct OTP/Password.

If the issue persists, please clear your browser cache and try again.

If you are still unable to log in after several attempts, please contact support for further assistance, as there may be an issue with your account or the authentication process.

Why am I not receiving the email with the OTP?

If you are not receiving the email with your OTP (One-Time Password), please follow these steps:

Verify Email Address: Ensure that the email address entered is correct and that you have access to this email account.

Check Spam/Junk Folder: Sometimes, the OTP email might be mistakenly directed to your Spam or Junk folder. Please check there.

Retry the Login Process: After verifying the above, please retry the login process to request a new OTP.

Contact Databricks Support: If you are still unable to log in after several attempts, please contact support for further assistance, as there may be an issue with your account or the authentication process.

How long is the OTP valid for?

Passwordless OTPs are valid for 5 minutes. If your OTP has expired, you will need to request a new one.

Can I use the OTP multiple times?

No, for security reasons, passwordless OTPs are intended for single use only. Each OTP can be used just once to log in. If you need to log in again, please request a new OTP.

My email OTP has expired. How can I login?

If your email OTP has expired, please request a new one and retry the login process.

Do I need to set up anything special on my device to use the passwordless login (applicable only to a select group of users)?

To use a passwordless login, you just need access to the email account associated with your Help Center profile. No additional device setup is required. You also have the option to configure passkey, which uses biometric authentication, but this is an optional step. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Databricks support for assistance.

What is this Passkey enrollment screen that I see when going through Email OTP?

A passkey is a digital credential that allows users to sign in to websites and apps without a password or username. Passkeys are designed to be a safer and easier alternative to passwords. Enrolling passkey is optional, but we recommend passkey enrollment to keep your account more secure. More information can be found here.

Version history
Last update:
Tuesday
Updated by:
Contributors