cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Warehousing & Analytics
Engage in discussions on data warehousing, analytics, and BI solutions within the Databricks Community. Share insights, tips, and best practices for leveraging data for informed decision-making.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dynamic measure calculation based on filter in Excel

cyong
New Contributor II

Hi, currently we are using Power BI as the semantic layer because it allows us to build custom measures to do aggregates and business logic calculation, and provides native connection to Excel. I am thinking to move these logics to Databricks using SQL view, however I am wondering if the dynamic measure calculation based on filter selection can still be achieved in Excel, e.g. dynamically change sales amount based on currency filter? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cyong , With Power Query, you can connect to many different data sources and transform the data into the shape you want.

cyong
New Contributor II

Thanks @Kaniz_Fatma , I think Power Query can only perform pre-data transformations, not on-the-fly calculations in response to user filters.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group