cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

pm4py no visualization

rushank29
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to use pm4py library to visualize my data. my code executes perfectly but there is no visualization how can i solve this problem ? There is no error message

#processmining # databricks #pm4py

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rushank29Here are a few steps you can take to address the problem:

1. Check Dependencies:

• Ensure that you have all the necessary dependencies installed. Sometimes missing or outdated packages can cause issues with visualization libraries.
    • Verify that you have the required versions of pm4py and any other relevant libraries (such as matplotlib or graphviz).
  2. Inspect Your Code:

• Double-check your code to ensure that you are correctly invoking the visualization functions from pm4py.
    • Make sure you are using the appropriate visualization method for your data (e.g., process models, petri nets, etc.).
  3. Matplotlib Integration:

4. Petri Net Visualization Issue:

5. Graphviz Installation:

• If youโ€™re working with petri nets, make sure you have Graphviz installed. pm4py relies on Graphviz for visualizing petri nets.
    • Install Graphviz using pip install graphviz.
  6. Inspect Data and Model:

• Verify that your data and process model are correctly loaded into pm4py.
    • Check if there are any specific parameters or options you need to set for visualization (e.g., layout, colors, etc.).
  7. Debugging:

• Even though there are no error messages, consider adding some print statements or logging to see if the visualization code is being executed as expected.
    • Inspect the output of the visualization functions to see if any unexpected results occur.

Remember that debugging visualization issues can sometimes be tricky, but with patience and thorough investigation, youโ€™ll likely find the solution. If you encounter any specific errors or need further assistance, feel free to share more details, and Iโ€™ll be happy to help! ๐Ÿš€

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.