Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not Able to create Cluster on Community Edition for 3-4 days.

Dileep_Vidyadar
New Contributor III

I am learning Pyspark on Community edition for a like month. It's been great until I am facing issues while creating a cluster for 3-4 Days.

Sometimes it is taking 30 minutes to 60 minutes to create a Cluster and sometimes it is not even creating a Cluster and it interrupts my learning.

If anyone knows anything about the issue I am facing or If you have faced the same kind of issue, please kindly let me know.

My registered email id on Community Edition: dileep.vidyadara@gmail.com

7 REPLIES 7

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I am testing it right now. You can open ticket for that via https://databricks.com/company/contact

Thanks for your quick response, @Hubert Dudekโ€‹ . Currently, It is running after waiting for 14 minutes.

The earlier cluster used to create in 2-5 minutes but in recent days it is taking 15-30 minutes for creating a cluster on Community Edition. (Please find the attached screenshot below)

The day before yesterday it took 45 minutes to create a Cluster, I wish I could have that screenshot but sadly I deleted the cluster after the use ๐Ÿ˜•

time_taking_to_create_a_cluster

Hi @Dileep Vidyadaraโ€‹ , I tried it now and it took a maximum of 1 minute.

Please check your internet connection.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 7.36.09 PM

Hi @Dileep Vidyadaraโ€‹ ,

Did you check the status page for any outages or issues related to CE? Here is the link to the status page https://status.databricks.com/ just in case you have this issue in the future.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

After all it is Community Edition. I also sometimes have there issues. Usually it is solved by edit cluster and change availability zone back to auto.

In full version there is never issue so I bet that there can be some limits in community edition (what is logical as there have to be some limit how much user can run 15GB cluster in the same time for free, with million of them databricks would bankrupt).

Got it @Hubert Dudekโ€‹ . Thanks for responding to my question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dileep Vidyadaraโ€‹  - If your question was fully answered by @Hubert Dudekโ€‹, would you be happy to mark his answer as best?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.