cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SparkJDBC42.jar Issue ?

SCOR
New Contributor II

Hi there!

I am using the SparkJDBC42.jar in my Java application to use my delta lake tables , The connection is made through databricks sql endpoint in where I created a database and store in it my delta tables. I have a simple code to open connection between the application and the sql endpoint : I used a driver manager to get The connection Object to use the prepared statement, The connection is well opened but it will be closed after some time, I have a method to refresh connection by opening a new one when it is not valid anymore, for that I use the method (isValid(int timeout)) from javax.sql.Connection and I think it uses the Hive42Connection ( from the SparkJDBC42.jar) implementation for that, this method is returning true in some environment even if the connection is closed from databricks side. Is this an issue with the driver or am I not using it the best way ?

Thank you. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, @Seifeddine SNOUSSI​

My name is Piper, and I'm a community moderator for Databricks. Welcome to the community and thank you for bringing us your question. 🙂

Let's give it a bit longer for your peers to respond. We'll circle back to you if we need to.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Seifeddine SNOUSSI​  could you please share a link which you followed to install the same?

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Seifeddine SNOUSSI​ ,

Are you still having issue or you were able to resolve this issue? please let us know

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.