Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks notebook taking too long to run as a job compared to when triggered from within the notebook

curious-case-of
New Contributor II

I don't know if this question has been covered earlier, but here it goes - I have a notebook that I can run manually using the 'Run' button in the notebook or as a job.

The runtime when I run from within the notebook directly is roughly 2 hours. But when I execute it as a job, the runtime is huge (around 8 hours)

. The piece of code which takes the longest time is calling an applyInPandas function, which in turn calls a pandas_udf which trains an auto_arima model (pmdarima).

Can anyone help me figure out what might be happening? I am clueless.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager
3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vidisha Kanodiaโ€‹ ,

There is a similar thread - https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001pCk29CAC/performance-for-pyspark-dataframe-is-...

Please have a look at that.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vidisha Kanodiaโ€‹ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help? Please let us know.

wvl
New Contributor II

We're seeing the same behavior.. Good performance using interactive cluster.

Using identically sized job cluster, performance is bad.

Any ideas?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.