Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your administrator has forbidden Scala UDFs from being run on this cluster. How to enable access to Scala UDF on Azure Databricks cluster ?

Pawan1
New Contributor II

Hi All,

When i try to run a scala UDF in Azuredatabricks 10.1 (includes Apache Spark 3.2.0, Scala 2.12) cluster i was able to run the udf. However when i tried to run the same notebook in 10.4 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.2.1, Scala 2.12) cluster i have been thrown with this error.

SecurityException: Your administrator has forbidden Scala UDFs from being run on this cluster

at com.databricks.sql.acl.CheckPermissions.exprNodeToRequests(CheckPermissions.scala:1144)

at com.databricks.sql.acl.HiveCheckPermissions.exprNodeToRequests(HiveCheckPermissions.scala:79)

at com.databricks.sql.acl.CheckPermissions.toRequests(CheckPermissions.scala:309)

at com.databricks.sql.acl.CheckPermissions.$anonfun$toRequests$1(CheckPermissions.scala:309)

at scala.collection.TraversableLike.$anonfun$flatMap$1(TraversableLike.scala:293)

at scala.collection.Iterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:943)

Is there any configuration i have to enable in order make the scala udf run ? .

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 REPLY 1

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Are you trying this with High concurrency clusters?

Also, please tag @Debayan Mukherjee​ with your next response so that I will get notified.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.