Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving the job-id's of a notebook running inside tasks

swetha
New Contributor III

I have created a job, Inside a job I have created tasks which are independent, I have used the concept of concurrent futures to exhibit parallelism and in each task there are couple of notebooks running(which are independent) Each notebook running has a job-id (notebook #[job-id)]​  Is there a way that I can retrieve the job-id for those notebooks. Please let me know. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Swetha, why not use Workflows? There's a powerful API for getting all the metadata you need. An no need to write code to manage parallelism yourself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Swetha, why not use Workflows? There's a powerful API for getting all the metadata you need. An no need to write code to manage parallelism yourself.

Rowley69
New Contributor II

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @swetha kadiyala​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.