Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

KrishZ
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Rowlock in databricks sql?

I am trying to get the commands for xlock, holdlock, rowlock, readpast in databricks sql.Looking to implement this

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Krishna Zanwar​,We dont currently support these features, but you can create a feature request if you would like to have these features added to Databricks SQL. Please follow the instructions from here https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas....

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
antoniok
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

dbutils.fs.ls is giving "null uri host This can be caused by unencoded / in the password string"

I'm trying to list number of files in s3 bucket. I've initially used "aws s3 ls <s3://>" to list the files and it worked. However, when trying to do the same using dbutils.fs.ls, I'm getting java.lang.NullPointerException: null uri host. This can be ...

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
marcus1
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

You might be encountering an issue with bucket naming. Which I'm also getting with a bucket named something.[0-9]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-17241

• 3 kudos
fhte
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to install R GeoLift library on Databrickts

Hi, I am having problems installing the GeoLift library. I am proceeding as per the official instructions: https://facebookincubator.github.io/GeoLift/docs/GettingStarted/InstallingRThis is what I run in the notebook:1) I install this particular vers...

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 08.59.09
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ludmila Kuncarova​,I would like to share the following link to our docs https://docs.databricks.com/libraries/notebooks-r-libraries.html in this link you will be able to find more details on how to install R libraries.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Yuliya
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Azure Databricks SQL Warehouse connection issue

When trying to start SQL Warehouse from my Azure pay-as-you-go subscription, I'm getting error about not enough vCPUs provisioned. Documentation says to increase quota at Azure portal - but it requires knowing type of vCPUs to provision. What type of...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Yuliya Quintela​,Just a friendly follow-up. Did Rostislaw's response help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Frank
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

SQLAlchemy ORM Connection String Error

We tried to insert records to Delta table using ORM. It looks like only SQLAlchemy has option to connect to Delta table.We tried the following codefrom sqlalchemy import Column, String, DateTime, Integer, create_engine   engine = create_engine("data...

• 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Frank Zhang​ , Please disregard the driver comment. The Python SQL Connector requires no driver. Just a pip install and you are good to go. The links you provided don't actually show a working example of using SQL Alchemy's ORM to connect to Data...

• 2 kudos
8 More Replies
KrishZ
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where to report a bug with Databricks ?

I have in issue in Pyspark.Pandas to report. Is there a github or some forum where I can register my issue?Here's the issue

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Krishna Zanwar​ Does @Debayan Mukherjee​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
LearningDatabri
by Contributor II
  • 8 replies
  • 9 kudos

repos issue

Why repos works on one workspace and doesn't on another workspace? both have repos enabled.

• 8 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 9 kudos

Do you see any errors or what is the issue that you are facing? Could you please describe more about this problem?

• 9 kudos
7 More Replies
Monika8991
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Getting spark/scala versioning issues while running the spark jobs through Jar

We tried moving our scala script from standalone cluster to databricks platform. Our script is compatible with following version:Spark: 2.4.8 Scala: 2.11.12The databricks cluster has spark/scala following with version:Spark: 3.2.1. Scala: 2.121: we ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Monika Samant​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
j_afanador
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Badge not received for Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditation

Hello!I cleared the assessment for Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditationbut not received a badge. Kindly assist me with this

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Juan Afanador​ Thank you for reaching out! Please submit a ticket to our Training Team here: https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training  and our team will get back to you shortly.

• 2 kudos
Maho
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Lakehouse Fundamentals badge not received

Hi I have finished Lakehouse Fundamentals assessment, received my completion certificate but so far did not receive a badge for it. Would you be able to assist please?

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Maciej Oleksy​ Thank you for reaching out! Please submit a ticket to our Training Team here: https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training  and our team will get back to you shortly. 

• 1 kudos
Trushna
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to restart Databricks Cluster at specific time?

Command available for restart but not at specific time.databricks clusters restart --cluster-id <>

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Trushna Khatri​ adding some more information to prabakar. can you please let me know what is actual need of starting cluster during specific time. usually if you criteria is to use for jobs go with job cluster. here cluster start when ever your job ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
kjoth
by Contributor II
  • 10 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Where is the cluster logs of the Databricks Jobs stored.

I'm running a scheduled job on Job clusters. I didnt mention the log location for the cluster. Where can we get the stored logs location. Yes, I can see the logs in the runs, but i need the logs location.

• 10 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
kjoth
Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

Hi @Sai Kalyani P​ , Yes it helped. Thanks

• 5 kudos
9 More Replies
jameel-pdgm
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to pass admin role via Account Console SAML SSO

The Account Console SAML SSO docs mention that the admin role must be specified in the identity provider response. However it's not clear which attribute to use for passing role info via SAML.What SAML attribute should the role be assigned to? What d...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hey there @Jameel A.​ Hope you are well. Just wanted to see if you were able to find an answer to your question and would you like to mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too. Else please let us know if you need mo...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Soma
by Valued Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Streaming Queries Failing Frequently in DBR 10.4 LTS for the Last Week

DBR 10.4 LTS is failing frequently due to GC overhead once in half an hour.Can anyone from Databricks Team let me know if we have some existing tickets or bugs.Note : We used the same configuration and same DBR for almost last 3 months.When checking ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Soma
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

hi @Vidula Khanna​ have raised a support ticket to ADB from client side. We can close this however it seems like DBR Version 11.2 and above has some fixes for the RocksDB memory leak based on communication with Databricks developer team

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
nbakh
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

import of tables to a new metastore failed with schema mismatch "specified schema does not match the existing schema"

The error i get when importing certain delta table isThe specified schema does not match the existing schema at dbfs:/mnt/mart/tablenamehowever, when i check the metadata table in the old workspace and the exported file, they match. However, it seems...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
nbakh
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

below is example error. however, in existing metadata i still see varchar 100 as the type. Specified metadata for field Percentage is different from existing schema:\n Specified: {}\n Existing: {\"HIVE_TYPE_STRING\":\"varchar(100)\"}\n\nIf your inte...

• 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors