cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a DLT pipeline that reads from a JDBC source

Reda
New Contributor II

Hey,

I'm trying to create a DLT pipeline that reads from a JDBC source, and the code I'm using looks something like this in python:

import dlt
@dlt.table
def table_name():
  driver = 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'
  url = '...'
  query = 'SELECT ... FROM ...'
  df = spark.read.format("jdbc")\
         .option("driver", driver)\
         .option("url",url)\
         .option("user", username)\
         .option("password", password)\
         .option("query", query)\
         .load()
  return df

it works perfectly fine when outside of the DLT pipeline, and I know for sure that the "df" DataFrame should be created successfully.

I keep getting an error in my DLT pipeline logs that fails at the "setting up tables" stage which says: " Failed to resolve flow: 'table_name' ".

I tried creating a basic DLT that just reads from an existing delta table (one that read from the same JDBC table but outside of the DLT pipeline) and it works fine, so I know that my environment setup is working fine.

Can anyone pinpoint what is going wrong here?

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Reda Bitar​ 

Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! 

Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else bricksters will get back to you soon.

Thanks

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.