Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a cluster in Databricks with a new subscription

bluetail
Contributor

I have upgraded my expired Student subscription to 'Azure subscription 1' in Azure portal today. I want to use Databricks for personal projects as pay-as-you-go.

When I go to my Databricks workspace and to my notebook and try to create a cluster,

Compute - Create with Personal Compute - it gives me this error:

Access Denied

You do not have permission to access this page.

Only users with access to cluster policies or the "Create Cluster" permission can create new clusters.

Please contact your administrator for access.

I can also see a message pop-up inviting me to Upgrade to premium ('trial expired. Upgrade to Premium in Azure portal'. Only an admin or a contributor can upgrade to Premium.). When I click on this message, it brings me to select 'my-workspace' (https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/workspace-select) and then back to my Data Science and Engineering page with my notebooks with the same message, 'Upgrade to premium', still displayed.

Can someone from Databricks help me with this?

I am not sure how to reach out to Databricks support directly, because with the Help option, it is asking me to

"Enter your Databricks

Workspace Domain to log in"

companyname.cloud.databricks.com.

because I'm not a company, I'm not sure what to enter there.

Thank you very much for any advice about how to overcome this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Maria Bruevich​, Cluster policies require the Premium plan or above.

You can reach out to Databricks support by submitting your case here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Maria Bruevich​, Cluster policies require the Premium plan or above.

You can reach out to Databricks support by submitting your case here.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Maria Bruevich​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from me​ ​, and I was checking back to see if my suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.