Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

jefft
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks integration with DocumentDB

Hi Everyone,I was wondering if anyone here has any experience or tips reading data from AWS DocumentDB. I am working on this using the MongoDB connector. For DocumentDB we also need to work with the required creds issued as a .pem file by AWS. Th...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jefft
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ ,Thank you so much for your response. Your suggestions were helpful. As per the AWS documentation, DocumentDB is MongoDB compatible. "With Amazon DocumentDB, you can run the same application code and use the same drivers and tools th...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
StanleyTang
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to run SQL queries from services when data migrated from SQL server to data lake?

Currently our service provides an API to serve the purchase records. The purchase records are stored in SQL database. To simplify, when users want to get their recent purchase records, they make an API call. The API call will run a SQL query on the D...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Stanley Tang​​​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful...

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Sanjujain
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! I have created account but forgot to check community edition option while signing up. How this can be solved now.

I have created account but forgot to check community edition option while signing up. How this can be solved now.

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @serg-v (Customer)​​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from me​ ​, and I was checking back to see if my suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.A...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Sajid1
by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Sajid Thavalengal Rahiman​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Laurent Léturgez​ â€‹ ​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it c...

• 1 kudos
5 More Replies
marcus1
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

SQL Warehouse connections in us-east-2

I have 2 very similarly configured workspaces, one in us-west-2 and one in us-east-2.Both got configured by default with a "Starter Warehouse".The one in us-west-2 I can reach via the internet using python databricks-sql-connector, but the one in us-...

• 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Marcus Simonsen​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 2 kudos
8 More Replies
Sandy21
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Jobs

Consider User A has deployed the job to prod. User B has scheduled the job through an external orchestration tool.User C has got the owner privileges from User A. Whose email id would be displayed while running the databricks job?

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Sandeep Negi​ , We haven’t heard from you since the last response from me​ ​, and I was checking back to see if my suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.Also, ...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Dinu2
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Cassandra connection from ADB

Hi , Could anyone please help to know the steps for connecting Cassandra from Azure Databricks? I have followed the steps in https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/_static/notebooks/azure/cassandra-azure.html But I am getting below error....

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Dinu Sukumara​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from me, and I was checking back to see if my suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others.Also, P...

• 4 kudos
1 More Replies
ShibashishRoy
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to find LoginModule class: org.apache.kafka.common.security.plain.PlainLoginModule

In databricks I am trying to read data from a protected kafka topic using pyspark.I am getting an error "unable to find LoginModule class: org.apache.kafka.common.security.plain.PlainLoginModule".

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kakfa_Topic
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Did you able to resolve it?

• 0 kudos
Gim
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 9 kudos

Best practice for logging in Databricks notebooks?

What is the best practice for logging in Databricks notebooks? I have a bunch of notebooks that run in parallel through a workflow. I would like to keep track of everything that happens such as errors coming from a stream. I would like these logs to ...

• 5 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 9 kudos

Hi @Gimwell Young​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @karthik p​​, @Debayan Mukherjee​ and @Hubert Dudek​  and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that wit...

• 9 kudos
4 More Replies
by Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! authentication is not configured for provider

Hi team, I started getting this message lately when trying add some new config or change my workspace with terraform :Error: cannot create global init script: authentication is not configured for provider. Please check https://registry.terraform.io/p...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vivian_Wilfred
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Avi Edri​ looks like you are using a provider that is authenticated to the Accounts console (https://accounts.cloud.databricks.com) to create a global init script within the workspace. Can you try authentication with host and PAT token? Follow th...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Data_Engineer3
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 7 kudos

Move folder from dbfs location to user workspace directory in azure databricks

I need to move group of files(python or scala file from)or folder from dbfs location to user workspace directory in azure databricks to do testing on file.Its verify difficult to upload each file one by one into the user workspace directory, so is it...

• 2 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 7 kudos

Hi @KARTHICK N​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Werner Stinckens​​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to...

• 7 kudos
1 More Replies
ferbystudy
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Can´t read a simple .CSV from a blob

Guys, I am using "Databricks Community" to study. I put some files in a Blob, granted all access but I have no ideia why DB is not reading. Please see the code below and thanks for helping! thanks!

csf
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Fernando Rezende​, Thank you for sharing the solution with us.It would mean a lot if you could select the "Best Answer" to help others find the correct answer faster.This makes that answer appear right after the question, so it's easier to find w...

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
gideont
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! spark sql update really slow

I tried to use Spark as much as possible but experience some regression. Hopefully to get some direction how to use it correctly.I've created a Databricks table using spark.sqlspark.sql('select * from example_view ') \ .write \ .mode('overwr...

image.png
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Vincent Doe​ â€‹, It would mean a lot if you could select the "Best Answer" to help others find the correct answer faster.This makes that answer appear right after the question, so it's easier to find within a thread.It also helps us mark the quest...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
bluetail
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! Unable to create a cluster in Databricks with a new subscription

I have upgraded my expired Student subscription to 'Azure subscription 1' in Azure portal today. I want to use Databricks for personal projects as pay-as-you-go.When I go to my Databricks workspace and to my notebook and try to create a cluster,Comp...

• 2 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Maria Bruevich​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from me​ ​, and I was checking back to see if my suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others.Also,...

• 8 kudos
1 More Replies
deficiant_codge
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! Delta Live tables support for UNITY CATALOG

Is there any upcoming update in which UC will support DLT? if yes any expected ETA?

• 3 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 8 kudos

Hi @Rahul Mishra​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Pat Sienkiewicz​ and me ​, and I was checking back to see if our suggestions helped you.Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be hel...

• 8 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors