Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon does not fully support the query because of dynamic pruning

lawrence009
Contributor

Does it still make sense to run this job on a cluster with Photon enable when I am receiving the following?

This is the code I ran:

CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE ${tbl_name}_dups
  SELECT src.*,
         ROW_NUMBER() OVER (
           PARTITION BY src.id 
           ORDER BY src.id
           ) row_num
  FROM ${tbl_name} src
  INNER JOIN (select id, count(*) n
              from ${tbl_name}
              group by id
              having n > 1) dups
  ON src.id = dups.id;

This is what I see under the cluster UI: SQL/Dataframe section

== Photon Explanation ==
Photon does not fully support the query because:
	Unsupported expression(s): dynamicpruning#601 600
reference node:
	FileScan parquet spark_catalog.default.opensea_events[approved_account#466,asset#467,asset_bundle#468,auction_type#469,bid_amount#470,collection_slug#471,contract_address#472,created_date#473,custom_event_name#474,dev_fee_payment_event#475,dev_seller_fee_basis_points#476L,duration#477,ending_price#478,event_timestamp#479,from_account#481,id#482L,is_private#483,listing_time#484,owner_account#485,payment_token#486,quantity#487,seller#488,starting_price#489,to_account#490,... 5 more fields] Batched: true, DataFilters: [isnotnull(id#482L), dynamicpruning#601 600], Format: Parquet, Location: PreparedDeltaFileIndex(1 paths)[dbfs:/mnt/opensea-tbl/asset_events_2], PartitionFilters: [], PushedFilters: [IsNotNull(id)], ReadSchema: struct<approved_account:string,asset:struct<animation_original_url:string,animation_url:string,as...

4 REPLIES 4

PriyaAnanthram
Contributor III

hmm could you show us what your query is

Hi @Priya Ananthram​, I amended my original post.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lawrence Chen​, Please tell us your DBR version.

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​, DBR 11.3

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.