Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

{{job.trigger.type}} not working and throws error on Edit Parameter from Job page

BrianJ
New Contributor II

Following the instruction on the Job Parameter Dynamic values, I am able to use 

{{job.id}}
{{job.name}}
{{job.run_id}}
{{job.repair_count}}
{{job.start_time.[argument]}}
However, when I set trigger_type as trigger_type: {{job.trigger.type}} and hit SAVE, it errors out as below image.

BrianJ_1-1713544000542.png

also, I noticed that the Dynamic values window from the Job parameter Edit Parameters page vs. the official doc has discrepancy - {{job.parameters.[name]}} is missing from the Job parameter Edit Parameters page.

BrianJ_0-1713544144110.png

5 REPLIES 5

Rajani
Contributor

Hi @BrianJ 
I just tested job trigger type it is working fine.
attaching snippets for your reference

Rajani_0-1713758570135.pngRajani_1-1713758574832.png

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @BrianJ 

It's working for me as well 

Thanks @Rajani 

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @BrianJ  - As a workaround, can you please add the parameter at the task level instead of the job level - {{job.trigger.type}}. 

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@BrianJ  -  Have shared the details with the Databricks Engineering team to have this issue addressed. we assure that the issue will be prioritized and fixed in the next release. Kindly use the workaround to proceed further on this.

BrianJ
New Contributor II

Thanks everyone, I decided to use the Sparkcontext instead.

dbutils.notebook.entry_point.getDbutils().notebook().getContext().toJson()
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.