cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AzureDevOps and Databricks Connection using managed identity or service principal

TitaMn
New Contributor

Hi All!  Im in a project where i need to connect azure devops and databricks using managed identity to avoid the using of service account, PAT, etc.

The thing is i cant move forward with the connection since i cannot take the ownership of the files when i clone the repos, i need the managed identity to be owner of the files clones from azure devops

Is there a way to do that?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TitaMnConnecting Azure DevOps and Azure Databricks using managed identity is a great approach to enhance security and avoid using service accounts or personal access tokens (PATs).

Letโ€™s explore some options:

1. Azure Managed Identity for Databricks:

2. Access Connector for Azure Databricks:

• While managed identity is a good option, you might also consider using the Access Connector for Azure Databricks. However, be aware that some users find it less secure3.
    • To set up the Access Connector:
      • Log in to the Azure Portal as a Contributor or Owner of a resource group.
      • Search for โ€œAccess Connector for Azure Databricksโ€ and create it.
      • Configure the necessary fields and create the connector.
  3. Data Factory Integration:

If you encounter any specific issues during the setup, feel free to seek further assistance. Good luck with your project! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿš€

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group