Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Starting from databricks 12.2 LTS, the explode function can be used in the FROM statement to manipulate data in new and powerful ways. This function t...

Starting from databricks 12.2 LTS, the explode function can be used in the FROM statement to manipulate data in new and powerful ways. This function takes an array column as input and returns a new row for each element in the array, offering new poss...

ezgif-3-f42040b788
  • 1 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

It's very useful for SQL developers.

• 7 kudos
Mado
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Overwriting the existing table in Databricks; Mechanism and History?

Hi,Assume that I have a delta table stored on an Azure storage account. When new records arrive, I repeat the transformation and overwrite the existing table. (DF.write   .format("delta")   .mode("overwrite")   .option("...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

the overwrite will add new files, keep the old ones and in a log keeps track of what is current data and what is old data.If the overwrite fails, you will get an error message in the spark program, and the data to be overwritten will still be the cur...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
elgeo
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Convert date to integer

Hello. Is there a way in Databricks sql to convert a date to integer? In Db2, there is days function DAYS - IBM Documentation .For example '2023-03-01' is converted to 738580 value.Thank you in advance

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
SergeRielau
Valued Contributor
  • 0 kudos

TRy this:CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION days(dt DATE) RETURN unix_date(dt) - unix_date(DATE'0001-01-01') + 1;SELECT current_date, days(current_date); 2023-03-09 738588I verified on Db2 for LUW and it matches up.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
griffinw
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Unable to import tkinter in notebook

Hello,I am unable to import tkinter (or Tkinter) into a python notebook.I also tried %pip install tkinter at the top of the notebook.Has anyone else been successful at this, or if it's impossible, why? Thank you

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ahmedE_
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Will Griffin​ Can you confirm if this worked for you? I get a message `ERROR: No matching distribution found for python3-tk`.

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
haylee
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

I added a secret scope to the databricks environment, and I get this error when trying to run either of the following:

Commands Attempted:dbutils.secrets.listScopes()dbutils.secrets.get(scope = "{InsertScope}", key = "{InsertKey}") Error: "shaded.v245.com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Haylee Gaddy​,Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
thushar
by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

GeneratedAlwaysAs' along with dataframe.write

Is it possible to use a calculated column (as like in the delta table using generatedAlwaysAs) definition while writing the data frame as a delta file like df.write.format("delta").Any options are there with the dataframe.write method to achieve this...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
pvignesh92
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Thushar R​ ,This option is not a part of Dataframe write API as GeneratedAlwaysAs feature is only applicable to Delta format and df.write is a common API to handle writes for all formats. If you to achieve this programmatically, you can still use...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
Dave_Nithio
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Delta Live Table Schema Comment

I predefined my schema for a Delta Live Table Autoload. This included comments for some attributes. When performing a standard readStream, my comments appear, but when in Delta Live Tables I get no comments. Is there anything I need to do get comment...

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Dave Wilson​ â€‹, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​ and @Hubert Dudek​, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be ...

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
AmineHY
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to get rid of "Command result size exceeds limit"

I am working on Databricks Notebook and trying to display a map using Floium and I keep getting this error > Command result size exceeds limit: Exceeded 20971520 bytes (current = 20973510)How can I get increase the memory limit?I already reduced the...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
labromb
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi, I have the same problem with keplergl, and the save to disk option, whilst helpful isn't super practical... So how does one plot large datasets in kepler?Any thought welcome

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
raj123
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Data lineage graph now working

I created the below tables but when I click the lineage graph not able to see the upstream or downstream table .... the + sign goes away after a few sec but not able to click it ... anyone else having this issue?CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS lineage_d...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Raj Sharma​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Chilangdon
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to load multiple xlsx that are storage in different folders with the same name in a blob storage in a delta table ?

Hi i have a blob storage with multile unzip folders with the same suffix folder_report_name_01_2023_01_02 -> file_name_2023_01_02.xlsxBut i want to load all of this data using pandas or pyspark and insert in my delta table.I'm trying to using widget...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Fernando Vázquez​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.T...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Ajay-Pandey
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Why Azure Databricks needs to store data in temp storage in Azure before writing to the synapse.

I was following the tutorial about data transformation with azure databricks, and it says before loading data into azure synapse analytics, the data transformed by azure databricks would be saved on temp storage in azure blob storage first before loa...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

@Ajay Pandey​ Saving the transformed data to temporary storage in Azure Blob Storage before loading into Azure Synapse Analytics provides a number of benefits to ensure that the data is accurate, optimized, and performs well in the target environmen...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
chhavibansal
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is the upper bound limit for dataSkippingNumIndexedCols, to keeps stats in delta log file?

Is there an upper bound of number that i can assign to delta.dataSkippingNumIndexedCols for computing statistics. Is there some tradeoff benchmark available for increasing this number beyond 32.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Chhavi Bansal​ :The delta.dataSkippingNumIndexedCols configuration property controls the maximum number of columns that Delta Lake will build statistics on during data skipping. By default, this value is set to 32. There is no hard upper bound on th...

• 0 kudos
nounou
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

how can i export my dashboard en format html using databriks api

hi everyone, i would like to export my dashbord in html format and embed it in my body of my email in order to send it to my teamso there is my code python for the databriks api  and i got this error  and when i put my htm in the body of my message i...

Capture Capture1 Capture3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

@mathild noun​ :import databricks.workspace as workspace_api import requests   # set up your Databricks workspace credentials domain = "<your Databricks workspace domain>" token = "<your Databricks API token>"   # set up the workspace client workspac...

• 1 kudos
VinayEmmadi
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does hash shuffle join work in Spark?

Hi All, I am trying to understand the internals shuffle hash join. I want to check if my understanding of it is correct. Let’s say I have two tables t1 and t2 joined on column country (8 distinct values). If I set the number of shuffle partitions as ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Vinay Emmadi​ : In Spark, a hash shuffle join is a type of join that is used when joining two data sets on a common key. The data is first partitioned based on the join key, and then each partition is shuffled and sent to a node in the cluster. The ...

• 0 kudos
Bartek
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Save Spark DataFrame to shape file (.shp format)

Hello,I know how to create .shp file from Geopandas dataframe using code similar to this, also mentioned on SO:gpd_df = geopandas.GeoDataFrame(pandas_df, geometry='geom') gpd_df .to_file("username/nh.shp")However I have .parquet files that I can load...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

@Bartosz Maciejewski​ :Spark does not have native support for writing Shapefiles directly. However, you can use a third-party library such as GeoPandas or PyShp to write your Spark DataFrame to a Shapefile.Here's an example of how to use GeoPandas to...

• 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors