Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Community version - Unable to clone a public git repository

bk5723
New Contributor

Databricks Community version - Unable to clone a public git repository, as the 'Repository' tab that should appear below 'Workspace' tab on the portal does not appear and I am not aware of any alternate method. I have referred to some documents on the official documentation of data bricks portal but unable to find an alternate method to clone a git repo. Let me know what needs to be done in such scenario. Is this something different in the Databricks community account created and a standard databricks account?community_repository

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Jay Kumar​ ,

Most of the feature is not available in the community edition of databricks if you want to use additional features including repos please shift to databricks premium version.

For your reference, I am attaching premium databricks UI snapshot.

image.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Harshjot
Contributor III

Hi @Jay Kumar​ in the community edition, repositories are not available. That is available in paid versions.

Hi @Jay Kumar​ ,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Jay Kumar​ ,

Most of the feature is not available in the community edition of databricks if you want to use additional features including repos please shift to databricks premium version.

For your reference, I am attaching premium databricks UI snapshot.

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jay Kumar​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jay Kumar​ 

Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.

Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.

Your feedback will help us ensure that we are providing the best possible service to you. Thank you!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.