• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Aly Ayman​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we ...

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
Manuchito
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Data Engineering with Databricks V2 not available in Partner

I cannot access the course anymore, it's shows it's under maintenance. For how long this will be? Is there any way to access it's videos for the Data Engineer Associate part?

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Juan Manuel Moviglia​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tel...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
YSF
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! How do I use the Python Logging Module in a Repo?

I have a repo that have python files that use the built in logging module. Additionally in some of the notebooks of the repo I want to use logging.debug()/logging.info() instead of print statements everywhere. However when I use the root logger or cr...

Screenshot 2023-02-28 143417
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Yusuf Khan​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
uzairm
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! ThreadPoolExecutor in Databricks

I am using a threadpool executor and running notebooks in parallel. However, these parallel notebooks are not using executors at all and all the load is going towards the driver node resulting in running out of memory for the driver node and eventual...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @uzair mustafa​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedbac...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
haggholm
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Query with ORDER BY fails with HiveThriftServerError "requirement failed: Subquery … has not finished"

Using ODBC or JDBC to read from a table fails when I attempt to use an ORDER BY clause. In one sample case, I have a fairly small table (just 1946 rows).select * from some_table order by some_fieldResult:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requiremen...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @petter@hightouch.com Petter​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it doe...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos

Starting from #databricks runtime 12.2 LTS, implicit lateral column aliasing is now supported. This feature enables you to reuse an expression defined...

Starting from #databricks runtime 12.2 LTS, implicit lateral column aliasing is now supported. This feature enables you to reuse an expression defined earlier in the same SELECT list, thus avoiding repetition of the same calculation.For instance, in ...

ezgif-3-d3fac0139c
  • 1 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 5 kudos

Thanks for sharing this with the Databricks community.

• 5 kudos
Lulka
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! User Memory problem on driver with DLT

Hi! I have a problem with user memory on driver (I have almost several mb of storage memory, 0 Execution memory and more than 7GB of JVM Memory on Heap in use). How it can be? I don't have any broadcast variables, joins or aggregations. All the pipe...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Yuliya Valava​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Than...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
youssefmrini
by Honored Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Youssef Mrini​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedbac...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 12 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Fetching top 1 L rows in Databricks SQL

how to fetch the top 1L rows from a long SQL query as the query is returning 5gb data, I want to check only the first 1L ROWS.

• 12 replies
  • 10 kudos
Latest Reply
Sangram
New Contributor III
  • 10 kudos

use the below commandsdf.show(100000)

• 10 kudos
11 More Replies
ktsoi
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is it possible to migrate Databricks SQL objects?

I am trying to migrate Databricks SQL Dashboards and Queries from one workspace to another.Recently Databricks allows storing SQL objects in Workspace folders (https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/workspace-browser/), but archiving the folder into db...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Kamting Tsoi​ Import/Export dashboards feature is in private preview. Please reach out to your AE to onboard your workspace

• 0 kudos
pvignesh92
by Honored Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to use caller's rights in Databricks Workflows?

I have created a job in Databricks Workflow that runs a notebook and have given manage run permissions to users. If any user trigger the job, I expect the job to show their username in Run As Option as it was triggered by them and they have Manage Ru...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Vigneshraja Palaniraj​ Rus as is a private preview feature. Please complete this sign up form which will be reviewed by PM and you'll receive the confirmation once it's enabled.

• 0 kudos
Rishabh264
by Honored Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

"Hey everyone, it seems like there's some confusion about enhanced autoscaling in Databricks lately. If you're feeling lost or unsure abo...

"Hey everyone, it seems like there's some confusion about enhanced autoscaling in Databricks lately. If you're feeling lost or unsure about how it works, don't worry - you're not"Enhanced autoscaling is a feature in Databricks that enables dynamic sc...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Very informativeThanks for sharing!

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
juned
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 9 kudos

Resolved! Databricks CLI configure (using AAD-TOKEN) in the Databricks notebook `%sh` mode

Hello everyone, I am trying to setup Databricks CLI by referring to the Databricks CLI documentation. When I setup using the Personal Access Token, it works fine and I am able to access the workspace and fetch the results from the same workspace in D...

• 4 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 9 kudos

Hi @Juned Mala​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 9 kudos
3 More Replies
JJ_LVS1
by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Command to install spark package from notebook cell

Hi All, I need to install a spark-xml package from a notebook cell (hoping it will work on a DLT cluster). Maven Package: com.databricks:spark-xml_2.12:0.16.0Can anyone help me with the command to install from the notebook cell? Fairly new to all thi...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 7 kudos

Hi @Jason Johnson​ I'm sorry you could not find a solution to your problem in the answers provided.Our community strives to provide helpful and accurate information, but sometimes an immediate solution may only be available for some issues.I suggest ...

• 7 kudos
7 More Replies
bk5723
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Community version - Unable to clone a public git repository

Databricks Community version - Unable to clone a public git repository, as the 'Repository' tab that should appear below 'Workspace' tab on the portal does not appear and I am not aware of any alternate method. I have referred to some documents on th...

community_repository
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Jay Kumar​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback wi...

• 4 kudos
4 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors