Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database creation error

Arpi
New Contributor II

I am trying to create database with external location abfss but facing the below error.

AnalysisException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: MetaException(message:Got exception: shaded.databricks.azurebfs.org.apache.hadoop.fs.azurebfs.contracts.exceptions.KeyProviderException Failure to initialize configuration)

the command that I am using :

spark.sql("CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS test LOCATION 'abfss://<your-storage-account-name>@<your-storage-account-name>.dfs.core.windows.net/your/path'")

FYI, I am able to read data successfully though datalake in daatbricks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Arpit Agrawal​ , This issue generally comes when you set the ADLS at notebook level. If this is the case for you, please set the config at the cluster level. This should resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Arpit Agrawal​ , This issue generally comes when you set the ADLS at notebook level. If this is the case for you, please set the config at the cluster level. This should resolve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Arpit Agrawal​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hi @Arpit Agrawal​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.