Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default maximum spark streaming chunk size in delta files in each batch?

Data_Engineer3
Contributor II

working with delta files spark structure streaming , what is the maximum default chunk size in each batch?

How do identify this type of spark configuration in databricks?

#[Databricks SQL]​ #[Spark streaming]​ #[Spark structured streaming]​ #Spark​ 

2 REPLIES 2

NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hello @KARTHICK N​ ,

The default value for spark.sql.files.maxPartitionBytes is 128 MB. These defaults are in the Apache Spark documentation https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-performance-tuning.html (unless there might be some overrides).

To check the configurations you can navigate to the Environment tab of the Spark UI and check for the config.

Hope that helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Nandini

Thanks @Nandini N​  reply,

I couldn't see this configuration params in databricks job-cluster spark UI, We are using job-cluster for streaming jobs and I don't see this configuration in environment tab in spark UI page.

Is this applicable for streaming concept (because we are using streaming with foreachbatch concept in our project)?

Could you help me to figure it out?

#[Databricks SQL]​ #[Azure databricks]​

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.