Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

chanansh
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta table acceleration for group by on key columns using ZORDER does not work

What is the best practice for accelerating queries which looks like the following?win = Window.partitionBy('key1','key2').orderBy('timestamp') df.select('timestamp', (F.col('col1') - F.lag('col1').over(win)).alias('col1_diff'))I have tried to use OP...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Hanan Shteingart​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Kanna1706
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Machireddy Nikitha​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best an...

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
kll
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fatal error: The Python kernel is unresponsive when attempting to query data from AWS Redshift within Jupyter notebook

I am running jupyter notebook on a cluster with configuration: 12.2 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.3.2, Scala 2.12)Worker type: i3.xlarge 30.5gb memory, 4 coresMin 2 and max 8 workers cursor = conn.cursor()   cursor.execute( """ ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, Could you please confirm the usage of your cluster while running this job? you can monitor the performance here: https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/clusters-manage.html#monitor-performance with different metrics. Also, please tag @Debayan​ with...

• 0 kudos
sensanjoy
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Performance issue with pyspark udf function calling rest api

Hi All,I am facing some performance issue with one of pyspark udf function that post data to REST API(uses cosmos db backend to store the data).Please find the details below: # The spark dataframe(df) contains near about 30-40k data. # I am using pyt...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Sanjoy Sen​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback w...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
MaheshDR
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Open firewall to Azure Databricks workspace from AWS RDS machine/EC2 machine

Hi All,As part of our solution approach, we need to connect to one of our AWS RDS Oracle databases from Azure Databricks notebook.We need your help to understand which IP range of Azure Databricks to consider to whitelist them on AWS RDS security gro...

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Mahesh D​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
5 More Replies
jakubk
by Contributor
  • 13 replies
  • 9 kudos

dbt workflow job limitations - naming the target? where do docs go?

I'm on unity catalogI'm trying to do a dbt run on a project that works locallybut the databricks dbt workflow task seems to be ignoring the project.yml settings for schemas and catalogs, as well as that defined in the config block of individual model...

• 13 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 9 kudos

Hi @Jakub K​ I'm sorry you could not find a solution to your problem in the answers provided.Our community strives to provide helpful and accurate information, but sometimes an immediate solution may only be available for some issues.I suggest provid...

• 9 kudos
12 More Replies
SS2
by Valued Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How we can read data from adls gen 2 using bash (%sh) command.(without mounting)

Hi @Ananth Arunachalam/Team,Can we read file from ADLS gen 2 using shell script (%%bash or %%sh ) without doing mounting.​ Please let me know. Thank you.​

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@S S​ you can access data in ADLS GEn2 using multiple ways, please check below article.easy way is using storage account access key method https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/storage/azure-storage

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
blockee
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DE 4.1 - DLT UI Walkthrough Error in Classroom Setup

Trying to follow along with the DLT videos in the academy. I get an error when running the setup script. Error trace below. It stems from running Classroom-Setup-04.1DA = DBAcademyHelper(course_config=course_config,                     lesson_config=...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
blockee
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I tried with Py4J versions 0.10.9.5, .3, and .1. None of those versions worked. I also tried upgrading the runtime to 13.0 and 12.1 and saw the same issue. The 13.0 runtime upgraded Py4J to 0.10.9.7 and that didn't resolve the issue. The error stayed...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
adrin
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! How to access the result of a %sql cell from python

I see the way to move from python to sql is to create a temp view, and then access that dataframe from sql, and in a sql cell. Now the question is, how can I have a %sql cell with a select statement in it, and assign the result of that statement to ...

• 9 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
dogwoodlx
New Contributor II
  • 6 kudos

Results from an SQL cell are available as a Python DataFrame. The Python DataFrame name is _sqldf.To save the DataFrame, run this code in a Python cell:df = _sqldfKeep in mind that the value in _sqldf is held in memory and will be replaced with the m...

• 6 kudos
8 More Replies
shamly
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Urgent - Use Python Variable in shell command in databricks notebook

I am trying to read a csv and do an activity from azure storage account using databricks shell script. I wanted to add this shell script into my big python code for other sources as well. I have created widgets for file path in python. I have created...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
SS2
Valued Contributor
  • 4 kudos

You can mount the storage account and then can set env level variable and can do the operation that you want.

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos

It would be great if Databricks starts increasing the number of rewards, as the no of users in community ae increasing. When we want to redeem somethi...

It would be great if Databricks starts increasing the number of rewards, as the no of users in community ae increasing. When we want to redeem something the limited goodies available in community rewards portal are out of stock. So its better to incr...

• 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
pvignesh92
Honored Contributor
  • 5 kudos

@Kaniz Fatma​ @Vidula Khanna​ Hi. I just see the below rewards available to redeem. Is this different based on the location?

• 5 kudos
8 More Replies
fuselessmatt
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can assign a default value for job parameter from the widget?

The Databricks widget (dbutils) provides the get function for accessing the job parameters of a job.​dbutils.widgets.get('my_param')Unlike Python dict, where get returns None or an optional argument if the dict doesn't contain the parameter, the widg...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Mattias P​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers you...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
DBJmet
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks-Connect Error occurred while running *** java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid type code: 00

I am using databricks-connect to access a remote cluster. Everything works as expected and I can set breakpoints and interrogate the results, same for when it trys to execute the following code:val testDF = spark.createDataFrame(spark.sparkContext .e...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @James Metcalf​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Data_Engineer3
by Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default maximum spark streaming chunk size in delta files in each batch?

working with delta files spark structure streaming , what is the maximum default chunk size in each batch?How do identify this type of spark configuration in databricks?#[Databricks SQL]​ #[Spark streaming]​ #[Spark structured streaming]​ #Spark​ 

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello @KARTHICK N​ ,The default value for spark.sql.files.maxPartitionBytes is 128 MB. These defaults are in the Apache Spark documentation https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-performance-tuning.html (unless there might be some overrides).To che...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors