Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Indika_debnath
by New Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Certification voucher not received

Hello team,I have attended the webinar Databricks Certification Overview Series- Data Engineer on Jan 17Completed the Databricks Lakehouse fundamentals accreditation and Completed the survey.As per communication it is expected that I will receive Dat...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Indika Debnath​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Tha...

• 0 kudos
8 More Replies
SaraCorralLou
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Delta tables background

Hi,Looking at the delta tables and how they are stored I have a question. If the delta tables are stored as parquet files in ADLS why if I copy/paste/rename a folder that corresponds to an existing table in the same location/database this does not ge...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Sara Corral​ :When you copy/paste/rename a folder that corresponds to an existing delta table in the same location/database, it does not generate a copy of the previous table because delta tables are not just plain parquet files. They have additiona...

• 0 kudos
Mr__D
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Cluster Autoscaling

Hello All,Could anyone please suggest impact of Autoscaling in cluster cost ?Suppose if I have a cluster where min worker is 2 and max is 10 but most of the time active worker are 3 so the cluster will be billed for only 3 workers or for 10 worker(...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Deepak Bhatt​ :Autoscaling in Databricks can have a significant impact on cluster cost, as it allows the cluster to dynamically add or remove workers based on the workload.In the scenario you described, if the active worker count is consistently at ...

• 0 kudos
Mr__D
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populating data from databricks to sql server tables

Hello All,Could any one please suggest what is the best way to populate(Upsert) data from delta table into the sql server table.we are transforming our data in Databricks and storing data into the delta table. but for reporting purpose we need to pop...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

@Deepak Bhatt​ :Yes, using the Spark Synapse connector could be a good option for upserting data from a Delta table into a SQL Server table. The Spark Synapse connector allows you to read and write data from Azure Synapse Analytics, formerly known as...

• 0 kudos
priyak
by New Contributor III
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Multiple versions of custom libraries on the cluster

Using the install_libraries API, I installed a custom Python whl file on a running cluster. For certain types of requests, we have a requirement to install a different version of the same custom whl file in the running cluster. My problem is that uni...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Priya K​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your ...

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
Gopal269673
by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! Facing issues in running the converted code in spark sql framework with 5 to 10 percent volume of prod data. Need help in solving this and suggestions required.

Hi All.. Need your help in this issue what i am facing. Currently we are using data bricks as a platform to build pipeline and execute our talend ETL sqls converted into the spark sql framework as we were facing issues in loading the history data int...

• 11 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
Gopal269673
Contributor
  • 8 kudos

@All Users Group​  Metrics stats also attached here.Thanks.

• 8 kudos
10 More Replies
User16685683696
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Free Training: Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals The demand for technology roles is only growing – it's projected that over 150 million jobs will ...

Free Training: Databricks Lakehouse FundamentalsThe demand for technology roles is only growing – it's projected that over 150 million jobs will be added in the next five years. Across industries and regions, this is translating to increased demand f...

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos
Ajay_Birari
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

SSO Implementation - User need to go through multiple steps to visit the "Select Workspace" page.

Below are the steps we have implemented to login through SSO.1. We have setup SSO and are able to login into Databricks using IDP (SiemensID Authentication). 2. After successful authentication, we have done the configuration of redirecting user to da...

First screen after successful SSO authentication Again, select Single Sign on by clicking on Continue with SSO
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay_Birari
New Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hello @Kaniz Fatma​ @Debayan Mukherjee​ Thanks for the response.We have raised this issue with Databricks team internally. We have shared the details with team. I will post the solution once we find any breakthrough to resolve it.

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
ramravi
by Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Issue while reading data from Kafka topic to Spark strutured streaming

py4j.security.Py4JSecurityException: Method public org.apache.spark.sql.streaming.DataStreamReader org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext.readStream() is not whitelisted on class class org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContextI already disable acl for cluster using "...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 4 kudos

Hi @Ravi Teja​,Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help? if you do, please share more details, like DBR version, standard or High concurrency cluster? etc

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
pk1
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Academy Accreditation - SQL Analyst Associate

Hi Team , So last year I acquired SQL Analyst Associate badge and due for renew this Jan 2023 . However when checked in Databricks Academy couldn't find the course . So has it been retired or removed ? If exists can someone help me with the course d...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

Adding @Vidula Khanna​ and @Kaniz Fatma​ for visibility

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
SS2
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom duty charges or any other additional charges on Databricks rewards.

Hi All,Anyone can please confirm i have to pay any custom duty fee or ​any other additional shippment fee for Databricks rewards?​Thanks​

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 0 kudos

Hi @S S​,Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help with this question? please let us know

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Kearon
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Delta Live Table stored as SCD 2 is creating new records when no data changes. How do I stop this?

I have a streaming pipeline that ingests json files from a data lake using autoloader. These files are dumped there periodically. Mostly the files contain duplicate data, but there are occasional changes. I am trying to process these files into a dat...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kearon
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

For clarity, here is the final code that avoids duplicates, using @Suteja Kanuri​ 's suggestion:import dlt   @dlt.table def currStudents_dedup(): df = spark.readStream.format("delta").table("live.currStudents_ingest") return ( df.drop...

• 0 kudos
5 More Replies
coltonflowers
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whenever using the displayHTML method or any python library that requires rendering HTML we get the following error in the results:  Uncaught SyntaxEr...

Whenever using the displayHTML method or any python library that requires rendering HTML we get the following error in the results: Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected tokenWe cannot reproduce this error reliably, and resizing the html window...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi, If you could confirm the whole error stack will help us understanding the issue little clear. Also, please tag @Debayan​ with your next response which will notify me. Thank you!

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Tonny_Stark
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

I have the following error code in databricks when I want to unzip filesFileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:  but the file is there I already tried several ways and nothing worksI have tried modifying by placing/dbfs/mnt/dbfs/mnt/d...

error
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Alfredo Vallejos​ then your file is tar.gz file right, have you tried tar command instead of unzip

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cloud storage - enabling object versioning?

So i am going to keep this generic as to all cloud provider storage options as its relevant across the board, (GCS, S3 and blob store). Nothing is mentioned in docs as far as i can see. Is there a use case against enabling object versioning in cloud ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Matt User​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers you...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors