Anyone having extra voucher who are not plannning to give exams

Anyone having extra voucher who are not plannning to give exams

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Rituparna Das​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
SaraCorralLou
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Differences between lit(None) or lit(None).cast('string')

I want to define a column with null values in my dataframe using pyspark. This column will later be used for other calculations.What is the difference between creating it in these two different ways?df.withColumn("New_Column", lit(None))df.withColumn...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sara Corral​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Trung
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

best practice for managing resources to avoid creators leaving out of the project

Dear DB community!As I know, when the resource creator is out of the project all resources they create will be deleted as well. So the question is that: can I assign the owner role to a group, that will help protect the resource from deletion or not...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @trung nguyen​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
kll
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to render widget to display map within Jupyter notebook output cell

I am attempting to render a map within jupyter notebook and keep bumping into output limit. Below is my code: import pydeck as pdk   import pandas as pd       COLOR_BREWER_BLUE_SCALE = [   [240, 249, 232],   [204, 235, 197],   [168, 221, 181], ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Keval Shah​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback w...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to delete Databricks Account

I created and used a Databricks Account for testing purposes. I want to delete that account. In the Databricks Account Web UI, there is no menu to delete an account. How should I delete it?

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @??? ???????​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
KVNARK
by Honored Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Microsoft ADB file from BLOB into Azure Databricks

Can anyone let me know how we can load the database file into Azure Databricks from the azure blob.

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @KVNARK .​ Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.Your feedback wil...

• 6 kudos
1 More Replies
Michael_Papadop
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I set the status of a databricks job as skipped via python?

I have a basic 2 task job. The 1st notebook (task) checks whether the source file has changes and if so then refreshes a corresponding materialized view. In case we have no changes then I use dbutils.jobs.taskValues.set(key = "skip_job", value = 1) &...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Michael Papadopoulos​ usually that should not be the case i think, as for task level we have 3 level notifications ( success, failure,start), where as whole job level skip option is available to discard notification . will see if some one from commu...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
thushar
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optimize & Compaction

Hi,From which data bricks runtime will support Optimize and compaction

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Joe_Suarez
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Optimize and compaction are operations commonly used in Apache Spark for optimizing and improving the performance of data storage and processing. Databricks, which is a cloud-based platform for Apache Spark, provides support for these operations on v...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Direo
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Importing CA certificate into a Databricks cluster

Hi!I was following guide outlined here:https://kb.databricks.com/en_US/python/import-custom-ca-cert(also tried this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73043589/configuring-tls-ca-on-databricks)to add ca root certificate into Databricks cluster, but...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Direo
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

In the end it turned out that I tried to add wrong certificate. To check certificate's Distinguished Name (DN) which help identify the organization that the certificate was issued to, run %sh openssl s_client -connect <hostname>:<port>-showcerts -CAf...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
youssefmrini
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Support for Jupyter notebooks (.ipynb files) is available in Repos. You can clone repositories with .ipynb notebooks, work in Databricks UI, and then commit and push as .ipynb notebooks. Metadata such as a notebook dashboard is preserved. Admins can ...

• 0 kudos
youssefmrini
by Honored Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Feel free to read my medium blog where I summarized all the featureshttps://medium.com/@youssefmrini/databricks-workflows-features-oriented-3f9ec025301a

• 0 kudos
beer
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Didn't receive my Databricks Spark 3.0 certification

I took the exam yesterday and passed the test. I haven't received any email from Databricks Academy. How long would it take to receive the certification?

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
beer
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

This is resolved.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Rik
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incorrect error when adding an IP access list

I have disabled the IP Access List on my workspace and am trying to add an IP list through the IP Access List API. However, when adding a list, I get the INVALID_STATE response.The docs mention this is because:"If the new list would block the calling...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Rik
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

"One possible workaround could be to (1) temporarily enable the IP Access List feature, (2) add the necessary IP addresses to the list, and then (3) disable the feature again. This way, you can add the IP addresses you need without blocking the curre...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Indika_debnath
by New Contributor II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Certification voucher not received

Hello team,I have attended the webinar Databricks Certification Overview Series- Data Engineer on Jan 17Completed the Databricks Lakehouse fundamentals accreditation and Completed the survey.As per communication it is expected that I will receive Dat...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Indika Debnath​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Tha...

• 0 kudos
8 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors