cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI jobs create issue

ragonzalez
New Contributor

I am trying to create a job using the CLI and getting the below error attached
The command itself was grabbed from the UI so I know it is ok

ragonzalez_0-1726182063032.png

2 REPLIES 2

Anne165Hernadez
New Contributor II

Hello!

If you’re getting an error while creating a job using the CLI, ensure the command syntax is correct, update the CLI to the latest version, verify your permissions, and use the --debug option for detailed error messages. Also, check that you’re specifying the correct AWS region and endpoint. If the issue persists, please share the specific error message for further assistance. 

Best Regards,

upsers ups

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @ragonzalez ,

You can try to escape quotation marks and see if that helps. Something similar to below:

{ \"custom_tags.test_tag\": { \"type\": \"fixed\", \"value\": \"test_value\" } }\n"

And you don't have to provide whole request body to command line, you can save json body to a file and then reference it in databricks cli in following way:

databricks jobs create --profile dev --json @your_json_with_rquest_body.json

You can take a look at my answer in similar thread, where escaping quotiaton characters helped:

https://community.databricks.com/t5/data-engineering/how-exactly-to-create-cluster-policy-via-databr...

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group