Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting MLflow runs programmatically

samini
New Contributor II

I would like to programmatically delete some MLflow runs based on a given run id. I am interested in the best practices on how to do this in Databricks workspaces.

I know that MLflow cli has gc command which seems quite useful since it also deletes associated artifacts with a run id. I tried to use that in a Databricks workspace but it gave me an error saying: 

mlflow.exceptions.MlflowException: This cli can only be used with a backend that allows hard-deleting runs

Does anyone have experience with running this command or other best practices deleting runs programmatically?

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @samini, The error message you're seeing indicates that the MLflow CLI garbage collection (gc) command is not supported by the backend store that's being used by your Databricks workspace.

samini
New Contributor II

Hi, it does indeed suggest that. But, is it something configurable in Databricks workspaces? I tried to find a setting in the Admin Settings tab, but I couldn't find anything.

mameli
New Contributor II

Do we have any updates on this? i'm using databricks and I have the same MlflowException

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.