Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It's possible to sync account group/user to workspace without the need to do it manually?

MarcoRezende
New Contributor

I am using Databricks SCIM for my Databricks Account, so when i add a user or group in the SCIM connector, the user or group its created in Databricks Account. After this, i need to manually assign the user/group to the workspaces. My boss wants to only add user/group in SCIM connector and its reflect in all the workspaces without the need to do manually, is there an option to this?

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MarcoRezende, You can streamline user and group provisioning in Databricks using SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management).

Hereโ€™s how you can achieve this:

1. Configure SCIM Provisioning:

• Databricks recommends setting up provisioning to the account level using Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure Active Directory). This allows you to sync users, service principals, and groups from your identity provider to your Databricks account.
    • Ensure your Databricks account has the Premium plan or above.
    • As a Databricks account admin:
    • Configure the enterprise application in the Azure portal to automate SCIM provisioning using Microsoft Graph. This eliminates the need for a separate provisioning application1.
  2. Sync Users and Groups:

3. Assign Users and Groups to Workspaces:

• Users and groups assigned to the SCIM application will be provisioned to the Databricks account.
    • If you have existing Databricks workspaces, consider adding all existing users and groups in those workspaces to the SCIM application.
    • Go to Manage > Properties and set Assignment required to No. This allows all users to sign in to the Databricks account1.

By following these steps, you can ensure that user and group assignments automatically propagate across all workspaces within your Databricks account. ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ”—

For more detailed instructions, refer to the official Databricks documentation on SCIM provisioning using Microsoft Entra ID1.2

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.