cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Alerts to monitor cost in dartabricks

Francis
New Contributor II

Hi Team Tech,

Recently we had an huge bill in databricks and we want to somehow have an alerting system in place to monitor cost.

Please can someone help me to know how to setup email notification for cost alerts in databricks.

As we need to setup an email alert if the cost reaches more that whats mentioned in the alert.

Also can someone help to access BudgetAPI. how do I access Budget API and how can i setup email alerts to email me when cost goes high than the expected budget.

Francis Lobo

3 REPLIES 3

bollids2
New Contributor II

In the Databricks workspace, navigate to the "Admin Console" and select "Cost Management." Set up budgets with thresholds that trigger alerts. Specify the email addresses where you want to receive notifications. Databricks doesn't directly support sending emails, so you'll need to use an external service. Python's smtplib library can be used for this purpose. Write a Python script to connect to the SMTP server and send alert emails. You can use Databricks notebooks for this. Schedule the script to run at regular intervals using Databricks' Job Scheduler or an external scheduler like Apache Airflow. Ensure the script is configured to run with the necessary permissions to access Databricks API and send emails.

PaybyPlateMa

Francis
New Contributor II

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

I checked in the Databricks workspace, navigating to the "Admin Console but I could not find Cost Management option.

Please let me know if Iam missing something. Attached the screengrab.

Francis

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Francis looks Budget API is not available now, one thing you can do is setting alerts in cloud level or create custom scripts to pull DBU price from billable API https://docs.databricks.com/api/account/billableusage/download and try to trigger email alert using custom code

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.