cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login accounts.azuredatabricks.net and create admin account

Olex
New Contributor II

Hello everyone

I'm trying to setup my admin account in Databricks Admin Console and am following these steps:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/administration-guide/#--what-are-account-admins

However, when I access accounts.azuredatabricks.net page, click "Sign in with Azure ID" button and select my personal account, I see the following error:

Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '2xx81xxx-x30x-xabx-x5cx-xxxe6f879xxx' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account.

I've been stuck for the second day actually and can't find any relevant information how to resolve the issue or configure my account in Azure AD.
Probably I should register an app in Azure AD? If yes, could someone point me to the documentation please.

I have a tenant in Azure AD, with a single user (which I'm trying to use for login), the user has just one role "Global Administrator".

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5

nifesimifrank
New Contributor II

i have the same issue too , have you solved yours, if yes how?

i have the same issue

Markus2
New Contributor III

I am facing the same issue and after spending a lot of time trying to get it work I was contacting the Databricks Support Team. Their recommendation was:
"Please clear the cache and try again. Also, use an incognito window to check".
This did not fix the issue for me.

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @nifesimifrank ,

Probably the same case like in below thread:

Re: Unable to login to Azure Databricks Account Co... - Databricks Community - 82190

I've stumbled upon following stackoverflow thread:
Unable to login to Azure Databricks Account Console - Stack Overflow

According to Ganesh Chandrasekaran, it seems that this problem appears when you use generic emails like Gmail, hotmail etc.

He suggest 
to add custom domain, make it Primary, and register email using that domain. This is workaround for now.

Olex
New Contributor II

Hi everyone

I asked that question a year and somehow it'd been solved.
Not sure however if it's related to generic email providers, but I have multiple registered accounts, gmail and corporate one. For databricks accademy, I'm using gmail account, which is connected to corporate email.

I asked the same question on Databricks and Microsoft community centers, and Databricks team didn't bother themself to provide any answer at all. The Microsoft team is a way more responsive, and communicates back in a few hours.
So, if your question is related to cloud provider, it's better to ask them.

There is a link to MS learning portal:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1344479/unable-to-login-accounts-azuredatabricks...

Good luck you guys, hope you'll manage to solve the issue

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group