cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bamboolib Error: Could not display the widget. Please re-run the cell.

dplautjhmi
New Contributor

Trying to run bamboolib via command bam

I get: 
Error: Could not display the widget. Please re-run the cell.

I get this sometimes. Not others.Other times bam UI works. 

Help

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dplautjhmi , It seems youโ€™re encountering an issue with bamboolib when trying to display the widget. This can be a bit tricky, but letโ€™s troubleshoot it together. 

Here are some steps you can try:

Check Dependencies:

• Ensure that you have the necessary dependencies installed. Sometimes, widget-related errors occur due to missing or incompatible packages.
  • Verify that you have ipywidgets installed. If not, you can install it using:pip install ipywidgets
  • Additionally, make sure you have the correct version of JupyterLab or Jupyter Notebook.

Enable Widget Extensions:

• If youโ€™re using JupyterLab, run the following command to enable widget extensions:jupyter nbextension enable --py widgetsnbextension
  • Restart your JupyterLab or Jupyter Notebook session after enabling the extension.

Check Databricks Runtime Version (if applicable):

Restart the Kernel:

• Sometimes, a simple kernel restart can resolve widget-related issues. Try restarting the kernel and re-running the cell.

Clear Output and Re-run:

• Clear the output of the cell where you encountered the error.
  • Re-run the cell and see if the widget displays correctly.

Remember that widget-related issues can be finicky, and the solution might vary based on your specific environment and setup. If the problem persists, consider checking the official documentation for Bamboolib.

Good luck, and may your widgets be ever-responsive! ๐Ÿš€๐ŸŒ

Priyam1
New Contributor III

I am getting the same below error message while trying to use Bamboolib in a databricks notebook.

Error: Could not display the widget. Please re-run the cell.

I have installed the pypi libraries for bamboolib on the cluster and the databricks runtime version on the cluster is 13.3 LTS

I am wondering if there is anything i could do to get it working?

Thanks

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!