cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAB not updating zone_id when redeployed

tejas8196
New Contributor II

Hey folks,

Facing an issue with zone_id not getting overridden when redeploying the DAB template to Databricks workspace.

The Databricks job is already deployed and has "ap-south-1a" zone_id. I wanted to make it "auto" so, I have made the changes to the aws_attributes in the .yml and deployed it via GitHub CI/CD the changes aren't getting reflected in compute but I can see the files have been updated in the workspace.

If I want to change from "ap-south-1a" to "ap-south-1b" it is working but it is not updating for "auto". I am not sure why.

Below is the config

job_clusters:
        - job_cluster_key: job_cluster
          new_cluster:
            spark_version: 12.2.x-cpu-ml-scala2.12
            spark_conf:
              spark.master: local[*, 4]
            aws_attributes:
              availability: SPOT_WITH_FALLBACK
              zone_id: auto
              spot_bid_price_percent: 90
              ebs_volume_type: GENERAL_PURPOSE_SSD
              ebs_volume_count: 1
              ebs_volume_size: 40
            node_type_id: i3.xlarge
            enable_elastic_disk: false
            policy_id: BC60EEE08F0002CE
            data_security_mode: SINGLE_USER
            runtime_engine: STANDARD
            num_workers: 0

Attached is the screenshot where I am expecting the DAB template/bundle changes to reflect.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 12.40.57 AM.png

I found a workaround as below but it is not scalable hence looking for a solution
- Disconnect from source
- Update zone_id manually
- Redeploy the bundle to connect the job and Git

2 REPLIES 2

tejas8196
New Contributor II

I can see that the zone_id is not getting updated when the bundle is deployed through CI/CD only. It works perfectly fine when deployed through local Databricks CLI

davicd2658
New Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for the info I will try to figure it out for more.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!