cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks CLI bundle run multiple jobs

thibault
Contributor II

Hi!

I am using bundles to deploy various workflows, and as part of a CI pipeline, I want to run integration tests. They are in notebooks that I deploy and run with databricks CLI bundle with Azure DevOps.

This allows me to run only one job at a time as the command takes only one argument (databricks bundle run --job_test_name)

This means that each job needs to run in sequence and is not really scalable. Is there any workaround so that we could basically do something like this, to run all jobs matching *-test?:

databricks bundle run *-test

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thibaultTo run multiple jobs matching a pattern like *-test, you can use the Databricks CLI’s bundle commands.

1. First, create a bundle configuration file that specifies the jobs you want to run. You can define multiple jobs in this configuration.
  2. In your bundle configuration, define the jobs you want to run. 
  3. Use the databricks bundle run command to execute your bundle.

This approach allows you to run multiple jobs concurrently, making your integration tests more scalable. For more details, you can refer to the official Databricks CLI documentation. 

If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!