cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks repos adds white spaces to notebook.

Siebert_Looije
Contributor

Hi,

Databricks repos is making white spaces in the notebooks, without us opening the notebook. So seems to be automatically. Does someone has a solution how we can turn this off?

An example:

Siebert_Looije_0-1691401285378.png

Can someone helps us with this?

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Siebert_Looije , There is no solution to turn it off at this point. We are working on upcoming changes to prevent/reduce the chance of it happening.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Yea I noticed this too.  All of a sudden a ton of notebooks were 'changed' in my feature branch (together with quit some real changes).
In the end (after checking them all) I merged them with the rest as nothing actually changed.  Annoying bug, but no big deal.

Siebert_Looije
Contributor

The problem that we are facing with it right now, is that our CI/CD pipeline get merge conflicts because our main branch gets this spaces. So we have an automatisch sync to the repos of databricks (which normally works very well) but now the github actions is given an error because of the merge conflict because of these spaces. 

So for us it would really help to turn off this functionaliteit in some way (because we don't really need it that databricks is fixing our code or changing our code automatically).

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Ouch.
I don't think it is a feature btw but more like a bug (which you cannot switch off).

Strange you get merge conflicts on whitespace. But I see you use python so that is probably why.
You can fix the notebooks by removing the whitespace and merging, but I think it will come back.
Or adjust the notebooks based on this new whitespace?
A pain, I know.

cprosser
New Contributor II

This bug is causing problems in our CI/CD pipeline too. I've had to manually clear things to keep it running as we get merge conflicts when no changes are made.