Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR WHILE CREATING CLUTER IN COMMUNITY VERSION

_raman_
New Contributor II

From past two hours i am trying to create a cluster but it is getting failed after trying of 15-20 minutes.

the red sign is coming after the cluster name which says that : Bootstrap Timeout:
Node daemon ping timeout in 780000 ms for instance i-05ff43bc1d12412b5 @ 10.172.216.96. Please check network connectivity between the data plane and the control plane.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @_raman_I understand that you’re facing issues while creating a cluster, and you’re encountering a Bootstrap Timeout error with the message:

Node daemon ping timeout in 780000 ms for instance i-05ff43bc1d12412b5 @ 10.172.216.96. Please check network connectivity between the data plane and the control plane.

This error typically occurs when there’s a problem with communication between the data plane (where your cluster nodes reside) and the control plane (where the cluster management services operate).

Let’s troubleshoot this issue:

1. Network Connectivity:

• First, ensure that there’s proper network connectivity between the data plane and the control plane. Check if there are any network issues, firewalls, or security groups blocking communication.
    • Verify that the security groups associated with your instances allow the necessary traffic (such as SSH, HTTP, and HTTPS) between the nodes and the control plane.
  2. EC2 Instance Logs:

• Review the EC2 instance logs in AWS for more details about the error. Look for any specific messages related to connectivity issues or timeouts.
    • Check if there are any issues related to the instance itself (such as resource constraints or misconfigurations).
  3. Subnet Route Table and Security Groups:

• Examine the subnet route table configuration. Ensure that the route table allows traffic between the data plane and the control plane.
    • Verify that the security groups associated with your instances are correctly configured. Make sure no changes have been inadvertently made.
  4. Cluster Initialization:

• Sometimes, clusters fail to initialize due to transient issues. Retry creating the cluster after some time.
    • If the problem persists, consider checking the status of Databricks services. You can find the status information on the Databricks status page (under AWS).

I hope this helps resolve the issue! If you have any other questions or need additional guidance, feel free to ask. 🚀