cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Microsoft PNP Azure Log Analytics

aarshps
New Contributor

There is this com.microsoft.pnp.Util package that is used inside my Scala notebook used for Azure Databricks to Azure Log Monitoring tables push for my application logs. When I updated my Databricks Runtime from 10.4 to 14 in my clusters, it starts to fail saying this package is not found. What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • First, ensure that the com.microsoft.pnp.Util package is compatible with Databricks Runtime 14.0. Sometimes, certain packages may not work seamlessly with newer runtime versions.
  • If a specific package version is recommended for Databricks Runtime 14.0, make sure youโ€™re using that version.
  • Verify if there are any dependencies or related packages that need to be updated alongside the com.microsoft.pnp.Util package. Sometimes, a package relies on other libraries, and updating them might resolve compatibility issues.
  • Check if there are any specific instructions related to dependencies in the package documentation or community discussions.
  • Confirm that youโ€™re installing the package correctly. If youโ€™re using a custom installation method, double-check the steps.
  • If youโ€™re installing it via a package manager (e.g., pip or Maven), ensure that the installation command is accurate.
  • Verify that your Databricks cluster is configured correctly. Sometimes, missing configurations or incorrect settings can lead to package-related errors.
  • Check if there are any specific cluster settings or environment variables required for the com.microsoft.pnp.Util package.
  • Ensure that the package repository or source youโ€™re using to fetch the com.microsoft.pnp.Util package is accessible and up-to-date.
  • If youโ€™re using a custom repository, validate its availability.
  • If the issue persists and you need a quick workaround, consider rolling back to Databricks Runtime 10.4 temporarily. This will allow your application to function while you investigate further.
  • Keep in mind that this is not a long-term solution, but it can help you avoid downtime.

Additionally, if there are any error messages or logs, share them here, and Iโ€™ll assist you further! ๐Ÿš€

NandiniN
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @aarshps ,

How were you installing the library for the package com.microsoft.pnp.Util?

Was it a library, whl, init script etc?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!