cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OAuth user-to-machine (U2M) authentication

Aria
New Contributor III

I am trying to use OAuth user-to-machine (U2M) authentication  from azure databricks CLI.

When I run databricks auth login --host  ,I get a web browser open and get authentication sucessfull message and My profile also save successfully with auth-type=Databricks-cli

I can see the token with databricks auth token --host command.But when I try to connect to databricks or run below command ,I get the error message related to default auth.

C:\Users\santil>databricks auth env --host hostname
Error: default auth: cannot configure default credentials. Config: host=, profile=dev

2 REPLIES 2

Ayushi_Suthar
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aria , Good Day! 

Which CLI version you are using here? Can you try to update the CLI version to a newer version by referring to this document : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/dev-tools/cli/install#--homebrew-update-for-linux...

If you still face the issue after updating the CLI version then could you please run the command with --debug and post the output? For eg : ~ databricks account groups list -p <configuration-profile-name> --debug

Please let me know if this helps and leave a like if this information is useful, followups are appreciated.
Kudos
Ayushi

Same problem here.

After running the debug I got:

DEBUG Apply pid=5736 mutator=initialize mutator=seq mutator=PopulateCurrentUser
DEBUG non-retriable error: failed during request visitor: default auth: cannot configure default credentials

But I can perfectly perform some "basic" command in the CLI (i.e. databricks clusters list).

๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Databricks CLI version is 0.221.1

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!