cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks CLI bundle run multiple jobs

thibault
Contributor II

Hi!

I am using bundles to deploy various workflows, and as part of a CI pipeline, I want to run integration tests. They are in notebooks that I deploy and run with databricks CLI bundle with Azure DevOps.

This allows me to run only one job at a time as the command takes only one argument (databricks bundle run --job_test_name)

This means that each job needs to run in sequence and is not really scalable. Is there any workaround so that we could basically do something like this, to run all jobs matching *-test?:

databricks bundle run *-test

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thibaultTo run multiple jobs matching a pattern like *-test, you can use the Databricks CLIโ€™s bundle commands.

1. First, create a bundle configuration file that specifies the jobs you want to run. You can define multiple jobs in this configuration.
  2. In your bundle configuration, define the jobs you want to run. 
  3. Use the databricks bundle run command to execute your bundle.

This approach allows you to run multiple jobs concurrently, making your integration tests more scalable. For more details, you can refer to the official Databricks CLI documentation. 

If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thibaultTo run multiple jobs matching a pattern like *-test, you can use the Databricks CLIโ€™s bundle commands.

1. First, create a bundle configuration file that specifies the jobs you want to run. You can define multiple jobs in this configuration.
  2. In your bundle configuration, define the jobs you want to run. 
  3. Use the databricks bundle run command to execute your bundle.

This approach allows you to run multiple jobs concurrently, making your integration tests more scalable. For more details, you can refer to the official Databricks CLI documentation. 

If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

thibault
Contributor II

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma and thanks for your reply.

I see, so all tests will need to be defined in one config file under one job.

LettieTaylor
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for the information.

And I also would like to help you by sharing the https://www.topessaywriting.org/research-proposal-writing-service website with you. If you need help from an essay writer then you can visit the given link to find writer.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group