cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serving pay-per-token Chat LLM Model

Henrik
New Contributor III

We have build a chat solution on LLM RAG chat model, but we face an issue when we spin up a service endpoint to host the model.

According to the documentation, there should be sevral LLM models available as pay-per-token endpoints, for instance the DBRX Instruct.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/machine-learning/foundation-models/supported-mode...

However, in our workspace we only se two available pay-per-token endpoints (se attachment "serving endpoints.png").

When we "create a new service endpoint", it seems like we can only spin up "provisioned throughtput models, which are currently too expensive to run for our setup (se attachment "issue.png").

Our Databricks environment is in azure west europe.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@Henrik 
The documentation clearly states that it should be available in west europe, but i'm also unable to see DBRX ppt endpoint. 
I think that it would be best to raise an Azure Support ticket - they should either somehow enable it on your workspace or modify the documentation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@Henrik 
The documentation clearly states that it should be available in west europe, but i'm also unable to see DBRX ppt endpoint. 
I think that it would be best to raise an Azure Support ticket - they should either somehow enable it on your workspace or modify the documentation.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group