cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install the Databricks in AWS

rseshadri
New Contributor II

I have followed the instructions given in the following link 

https://docs.databricks.com/en/admin/workspace/quick-start.html#use-aws-quickstart-to-create-a-datab...

There was an error in CFT while deploying the workspace. Please help

[ERROR] 2024-10-08T12:11:56.458Z ad8dd24a-67ec-4941-8096-3f8d883994b2 Exception: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/task/rest_client.py", line 75, in handler
post_result = create_workspaces(
File "/var/task/rest_client.py", line 280, in create_workspaces
response = post_request(URL, DATA, encodedbase64, user_agent, version)
File "/var/task/rest_client.py", line 333, in post_request
data = resp.json()
File "/var/task/requests/models.py", line 898, in json
return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)
File "/var/lang/lib/python3.8/json/__init__.py", line 357, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/var/lang/lib/python3.8/json/decoder.py", line 337, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/var/lang/lib/python3.8/json/decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

7 REPLIES 7

szymon_dybczak
Contributor III

Hi @rseshadri ,

I'm more familiar with Azure, but this error is most commonly caused by entering the wrong credentials in the Cloudformation template.

Try to launch the Quickstart again from the Databricks Account Console and double check that you enter the email/password of your Databricks account in the Cloudformation template.

szymon_dybczak_0-1728392446473.png

Be aware that the browser will often try to auto-fill these fields with the AWS credentials, so please double check the fields. 

Sorry @szymon_dybczak I haven't come across the login page that you have shared 

Ok, so could you look at below video and tell us at which step you've encontered this error?

Setting up your Databricks Workspace on AWS (Quickstart) (youtube.com)

Also, another this. Double check that you meet following requirement from documentation:

szymon_dybczak_0-1728411370261.png

Yes @szymon_dybczak I did follow the instructions given in the video. Yes. It is Pay-as-you-go AWS account

Can you tell as at which step/point in time this error occurs? You can use YT video as a reference.

@szymon_dybczak  I've attached the cloudwatch events log where it has thrown the error. Please check the attachment where you can read the sequence from top to bottom (earliest at the top) since I can't format the timestamp column properly

Sorry @rseshadri , but I don't have access to AWS account to verify this. Maybe someone else will join to this thread and offer some help.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group