cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance Required: Issues Creating External Table in Legacy Hive Metastore

jv_v
New Contributor III
I am currently trying to create an external table with an external location in the legacy Hive metastore. As part of this process, I have also created the necessary secret scope using below steps, but I am still encountering issues when attempting to create the table.

steps used to create a scope:
Step 1: databricks secrets create-scope --scope myScope
Step 2: databricks secrets put-secret myScope storage_account_key --string-value "My Storage Account Key"
Step 3: Create table with below script
CREATE External TABLE if not exists hive_metastore.test_ext.employees (
  employee_id INT,
  first_name STRING,
  last_name STRING,
  email STRING,
  phone_number STRING,
  hire_date DATE,
  job_id STRING,
  salary DECIMAL (10, 2),
  commission DECIMAL (5, 2),
  manager_id INT,
  department INT
)
USING csv
LOCATION 'abfss://demorkco@demorkstr.dfs.core.windows.net/employees.csv';

Error: Failure to initialize configuration for storage account demorkstr.dfs.core.windows.net: Invalid configuration value detected for fs.azure.account.key

Could you please assist me in troubleshooting this matter? Any guidance on the correct steps or configurations would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

gchandra
Valued Contributor II

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group