cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster creation - access mode option

Braxx
Contributor II

I am a bit lazy and trying to manually recreate a cluster I have in one workspace into another one.

The cluster was created some time ago. Looking at the configuration, the access mode field is "custom":Captureaa 

When trying to create a new cluster, I do not have this option. I have 3 others but not custom.

Capturebb 

Is this a new option added recently or I did something wrong in a configuration?

Ideally, I want to have this option configured the same way as in my existing cluster

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pat
Honored Contributor III

There was a change in the Databricks UI recently, here you can find this documented: https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/cluster-ui-preview.html#what-is-cluster-access-mode

It seems like it was High Concurrency access, to access this option you need to switch the view to old UI:

image.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Pat
Honored Contributor III

There was a change in the Databricks UI recently, here you can find this documented: https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/cluster-ui-preview.html#what-is-cluster-access-mode

It seems like it was High Concurrency access, to access this option you need to switch the view to old UI:

image.png

Braxx
Contributor II

Thanks Pat,

You are right. When switching to old UI, there is no option as "Access mode".

I could have now created a new cluster with old UI. Then edit it with a new UI and now in "Access mode" this custom option was available to select.

Thanks a lot 🙂

yatharth
New Contributor III

I am facing the same type of issue and now changing back to old UI option is not available, cause of this issue i am not able to view cluster metrics

khushboo20
Visitor

Hi All - I am new to databricks and trying to create my first workflow. For some reason, the cluster created is of type -"custom". I have not mentioned it anywhere in my asset bundle.
Due to this - I cannot create get the Unity Catalog feature. Could someone please help.

Thanks.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group