Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

jerry747847
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Associate Practice Exam -query

Dear Experts, Can anyone please let me know how option "C" is the answer to Question 31 for PracticeExam-DataEngineerAssociate. https://files.training.databricks.com/assessments/practice-exams/PracticeExam-DataEngineerAssociate.pdf?_ga=2.185796329.11...

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Question 17 is even worse. "A data engineer is overwriting data" vs "should simply be overwritten instead"One situation I assume is DROP and CREATE and another is INSERT INTO OVERWRITE but here both are called the same.A data engineer is overwriting ...

• 1 kudos
5 More Replies
archanarddy
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

metastore is down

I am trying to run a scala notebook, but my job just spins and says Metastore is down. Can someone help me. Thanks in advance.

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
bayu
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Can't login back to Databricks

Hi,I'm trying the Databricks Premium. Got registered etc. No problem.Then I setup AWS and workspace etc. No problem.Back to Databricks and now can't login. Trying to reset password but get nothing in the email.Trying other browser also doesn't work.C...

• 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 5 kudos

Hi, Thank you for reaching out, and we’re sorry to hear about this log-in issue! We have this Community Edition login troubleshooting post on Community. Please take a look, and follow the troubleshooting steps.

• 5 kudos
8 More Replies
FerArribas
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 9 kudos

Resolved! Error cluster launch: Security Daemon Registration

I have created a workspace in AWS with private link. When we launch a cluster we get the following error: "Security Daemon Registration Exception: Failed to set up the spark container due to an error when registering the container to security daemon"...

• 3 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
FerArribas
Contributor
  • 9 kudos

Thanks @Sivaprasad C S​  It's already working. The problem was that the AWS STS private link was wrongly associated with the correct subnet.

• 9 kudos
2 More Replies
iajay543
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to sign it at customer-academy.databricks.com but can't do the same at partner-academy.databricks.com

Hi thereI have used my company email to register an account for https://customer-academy.databricks.com/learn/signin a while back.Now what I need to do is create an account with https://partner-academy.databricks.com/learn/signin using my company ema...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Nadia1
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hello Ajay,Thank you for reaching out. Please submit a ticket to https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training . Thank you!

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
ivanychev
by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

How do I enable new Visualization tools in my Databricks notebooks?

Databricks released new visualization toolshttps://docs.databricks.com/notebooks/visualizations/index.htmlBut I don't see them in my notebook (DBR 10.4) nor I can find out how to enable them. How do I use the new tools?

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 21.59.19
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
cweymouth
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

@Atanu Sarkar​ , I am still not seeing this. I am running a cluster on runtime 10.4 LTS ML. The "Legacy Visualizations" are the only option available. This feature should be fully deployed, yes? 

• 2 kudos
6 More Replies
qanut
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

DBFS Delete Bug on Community Edition

I uploaded some files in Community Edition. But when I try to delete them I get the popup that say do you want to delete, and when I select delete, the popup goes away but the file doesn't delete. Seems the the GUI is bugged. However, when I use d...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Simranarora
New Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Thanks for reporting. We will look into it!!

• 1 kudos
bblakey
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Recommendations for loading table from two different folder paths using Autoloader and DLT

I have a new (bronze) table that I want to write to - the initial table load (refresh) csv file is placed in folder a, the incremental changes (inserts/updates/deletes) csv files are placed in folder b. I've written a notebook that can load one OR t...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Bill Blakey​, Does this S.O thread helps you to find your solution?

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
bozhu
by Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! SQL Warehouse Serverless Endpoint Error

Our SQL Warehouse Serverless Endpoint started failing from this morning (2022-08-23 18:00:00 UTC):“org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: MetaException(message:Unable to build AWSGlueClient: com.amazonaws.SdkClientException: Unable to find...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Bo Zhu​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Nidhi1
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Azure Databricks Phiton

Does the photon engine work against Azure SQL? Is there any documentation for this?​

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Photon is a type of engine available within databricks workspace..In data engineering, you can opt to have photon enabled on your cluster, whereas in Databricks SQL, photon is enabled by default.

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Harsh1
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues in Metastore Migration using Databricks Migration Tool

Hi Team,As I'm performing the Databricks workspace migration, during Metastore migration I'm facing below issue.As we found differences in the Metastore table count between Legacy and Target workspace, we checked error logs.After going through Failed...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
swetha
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Databricks job cluster logs

I am using databricks job cluster for multitask jobs, when my job failed/succeeded I couldn't see any logs, Do I need to add any location in advanced options, cluster logging to see the logs for the failed/succeeded jobs or what it is and how it work...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @swetha kadiyala​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
bmat
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How are you currently analyzing A/B tests data in Databricks?

Super curious about people's workflows for analyzing A/B tests. Trying to learn how to optimize my approach as it is very manual right now.

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Ben Mathew​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Erik
by Valued Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Can we have the powerbi connector step into "hive_metastore" automatically?

We are distributing pbids files providing the connection info to databricks. It contains options passed to the "Databricks.Catalogs " function implementing the connection to databricks. It is my understanding that databricks has made this together wi...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Erik Parmann​ Does @Hubert Dudek​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
Navy__jup-frag-
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to search for an S3 bucket

The S3 buckets are a likely source location for the new EDL builder uploads. Is there a way to search Databricks to find the naming convention for the S3 buckets that have been assigned to our team. We uploaded some files using EDL this morning but...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @James Longstreet​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.T...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors