Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Navy__jup-frag-
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to search for an S3 bucket

The S3 buckets are a likely source location for the new EDL builder uploads. Is there a way to search Databricks to find the naming convention for the S3 buckets that have been assigned to our team. We uploaded some files using EDL this morning but...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

Hi @James Longstreet​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.T...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Trying to find aws access key/secret

Looking at the instance profiles we appear to be using AWS IAM roles, however there is a databricks user in our IAM that cloudtrail currently shows its aws access key is being used to describeinstances and describevolumes and I am trying to track dow...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 2 kudos

Hi @ggleason​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Debayan Mukherjee​​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful...

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
db-avengers2rul
by Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Max file size allowed to import into Databricks community edition ?

Hi All,I have few questions using the community edition 1) max file size that is allowed to be uploaded (data file) in community edition ?2) is XML file supported as well ? Regards,Rakesh

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Rakesh Reddy Gopidi​, Hope this thread helps answer your first question.

• 0 kudos
AbkSpl
by New Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Making a connection to the tables in Dynamics app through the dataverse TDS endpoint

I wish to do some analysis on tables that are stored in dataverse in databricks. I know that PowerBi uses its Dataverse connector to fetch the data using a Dataverse's TDS endpoint. The tables that we import in PowerBi using this connector is nearly ...

• 11 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
AbkSpl
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

I finally followed the following method for my requirement: 1) Connected the data verse tables from PowerApps to synapse workspace using the synapse link2) Used the standard template provided in it to convert the multiple .csv files to parquet format...

• 6 kudos
10 More Replies
syedmuhammedmeh
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Databricks Kafka Read Not connecting

I'm trying to read data from GCP kafka through azure databricks but getting below warning and notebook is simply not completing. Any suggestion please? WARN NetworkClient: Consumer groupId Bootstrap broker rack disconnectedPlease note I've properly c...

• 3 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 6 kudos

Hi @Syed Mohammed Mehdi​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Jose Gonzalez​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to other...

• 6 kudos
2 More Replies
Sneha1594
by New Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos

Visualizations from notebook keeps on disappearing

I have created a notebook which filters on the main table and generates bar graph. The graphs keeps on disappearing and sometimes they dont generate at all. PFA. 'Visualization 1' has issues. Each time I run notebook manually, I have to build the gra...

• 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Abishek
Valued Contributor
  • 2 kudos

@Andrew Freix​ @Rubel Ahamed​ @Sneha Mulrajani​ eha15Can you please share the workspace URL version output? so that I can check your workspace and let you know whether new Visualization is enabled or not. Please run the below URL in your web browser ...

• 2 kudos
10 More Replies
michaelh
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! AWS Databricks Cluster terminated.Reason:Container launch failure

We're developing custom runtime for databricks cluster. We need to version and archive our clusters for client. We made it run successfully in our own environment but we're not able to make it work in client's environment. It's large corporation with...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
FerArribas
Contributor
  • 4 kudos

@michael henzl​ , did you manage to solve the problem?

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
Pat
by Honored Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 16 kudos

Resolved! Unity Catalog - External Table

I am not sure if I am missing something, but I just created External Table using External Location and I can still access both data through the table and directly access files from the storage: documentation:https://docs.databricks.com/data-governanc...

image.png image.png
  • 4 replies
  • 16 kudos
Latest Reply
Pat
Honored Contributor III
  • 16 kudos

I got the answer from the Databricks Support on this.The point which has been mentioned in doc "Once a table is created in a path, users can no longer directly access the files in that path even if they have been given privileges on an external locat...

• 16 kudos
3 More Replies
Meenu1
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

X axis range for visualization in sql dashboard

Unable to set x axis range for charts in sql dashboard. The automatic range and padding that is set doesn't match across all plot types. For line charts with date type data on x axis, there is a padding on both sides of the plot. But for bar charts, ...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
jwilliam
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Differences between Spark Cluster Manager and Databricks Cluster Manager?

I didn't found any documentation on Databricks Cluster Manager. Could anyone give me some resources on this topic?

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
User16752242622
Valued Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hi @John William​ Databricks clusters use Spark's Standalone cluster manager. Each Databricks cluster has its own standalone Master and Worker processes run inside of the LXC containers and share a lifecycle with the cluster. Each cluster has a singl...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
anibose
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Hands-On exercise material

Hi FriendsI am following Databricks Customer Academy training material, and created a Databricks service in Azure Trial account and was able to launched a single node cluster there. Could you please guide me on how to do all the hands-on?

• 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
anibose
New Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Thanks Doug, I was able to locate .dbc file, appreciate your response. Best RegardsAnindya

• 7 kudos
4 More Replies
weldermartins
by Honored Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 11 kudos

Resolved! Databricks pyspark - Find columns in xls file.

Hello everyone, every day I extract data into xls files but the column position changes every day. Is there any way to find these columns within the file?Here's a snippet of my code.df = spark.read.format("com.crealytics.spark.excel")\ .option("hea...

• 4 replies
  • 11 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 11 kudos

Hi @welder martins​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Tha...

• 11 kudos
3 More Replies
kfoster
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

DLT Event Log

I am trying to utilize the Event Log DLT is keeping updated, I noticed some of the fields are consistently empty/null.In the Event Log, located ".../storage/system/events", I see the field "origin" and there are nested fields within which are empty/n...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Kristian Foster​,The following docs will provide more details on the event log schema. Please refer to this link https://docs.databricks.com/workflows/delta-live-tables/delta-live-tables-event-log.html#monitor-pipelines-with-the-delta-live-tables...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
LadislavSulak
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

What is the long-term plan for the official Databricks Docker Containers?

Hi, I'd like to ask you, how much resources do you plan to dedicate to the maintenance/development of the official Databricks Docker images, please? Do you have a view on the longer-term plan for these docker images? It seems to be maintained, but i...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

Curious too,but I have a feeling it is not a priority.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
parthsalvi
by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

GRANT permission not working on Storage Credential using DBR 11.2 Shared mode

We were trying to update permissions of Storage credential using DBR 11.2 Shared mode but running into following issue Operation not allowed: GRANT(line 1, pos 0) PFA complete error in file.Is the above issue with cluster permission or changing permi...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Parth Salvi​ , could you please paste the full error here, also, it is better to create a support case with Databricks with the whole error.

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors