Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualizations from notebook keeps on disappearing

Sneha1594
New Contributor III

I have created a notebook which filters on the main table and generates bar graph. The graphs keeps on disappearing and sometimes they dont generate at all.

PFA. 'Visualization 1' has issues. Each time I run notebook manually, I have to build the graph and pin to the dashboard and rearrange them which seems arduous since I have atleast 15 different graphs

11 REPLIES 11

afreix
New Contributor II

Hello @Sneha Mulrajani​,

My name is Andrew and I'm an engineer on the Notebooks team. Could you link the Notebook where this is happening? I'll create an ES ticket and debug the issue

Sneha1594
New Contributor III

Attaching the HTML format of the notebook. Here you can see the tab 'Vizualization 1' but it keeps on disappearing

afreix
New Contributor II

Hello! A full link to the Notebook would be most helpful to get to a quick resolution. I attached a video looking at the HTML Notebook you sent but I'm not able to reproduce

rubelahamed
New Contributor II

Hello! A full link to the Notebook would be most helpful to get to a quick resolution. I attached a video looking at the HTML Notebook you sent but I'm not able to reproduce...

Abishek
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Andrew Freix​ @Rubel Ahamed​ @Sneha Mulrajani​ eha15

Can you please share the workspace URL version output? so that I can check your workspace and let you know whether new Visualization is enabled or not.

Please run the below URL in your web browser :

Azure: https://xxxxxxx.azuredatabricks.net/version

AWS: https://xxxxxxx.databricks.com/version

Sneha1594
New Contributor III

image.png

Sneha1594
New Contributor III

Does this help @Abishek Subramanian​ ?

Abishek
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Sneha Mulrajani​ 

Can you share the branch output

For example :

branch-3.81-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sneha1594
New Contributor III

Abishek
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

May I know the cloud provider?

Sneha1594
New Contributor III

Its AWS

Some more information to add: When I schedule the notebook for nightly runs. I can see the graphs in the job output whereas I only see the tables out of which visualisation was generated when running the notebook manually. It is a bit strange

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.