cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Connect to Databricks from PowerApps

mickniz
Contributor

Hi All,

Currently I trying to connect databricks Unity Catalog from Powerapps Dataflow by using spark connector specifying http url and using databricks personal access token as specified in below screenshot: I am able to connect but the issue is when I expand thge connection it is not showing me list of tables . Am I missing anything . Couldn't find any relevant documentation. ALooking forward for comments or suggestion.

mickniz_0-1714487746554.png

mickniz_1-1714487891958.png

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mickniz, It sounds like youโ€™re trying to connect PowerApps Dataflow to Databricks Unity Catalog using the Spark connector.

Letโ€™s troubleshoot this issue step by step:

1. Spark Connector Configuration:

• Make sure youโ€™re using the correct configuration for the Spark connector. You mentioned specifying an HTTP URL and using a Databricks personal access token. Letโ€™s verify the details:
  2. Databricks Personal Access Token:

• Ensure that youโ€™ve generated a valid Databricks personal access token. To create one:
      • In your Databricks workspace, click your Databricks username in the top bar.
      • Select โ€œSettingsโ€ from the dropdown.
      • Click โ€œDeveloper.โ€
      • Next to โ€œAccess tokens,โ€ click โ€œManage.โ€
      • Click "Generate new token"2.
  3. Table Visibility Issue:

• If youโ€™re not seeing the list of tables after expanding the connection, consider the following:
      • Check the permissions associated with the token. Make sure it has appropriate access to the Unity Catalog.
      • Verify that the Databricks workspace youโ€™re connecting to contains the expected tables.
      • Double-check the connection details, including the server URL and token.

Remember to validate each step carefully, and if you encounter any issues, feel free to ask for further assistance. Good luck! ๐Ÿ˜Š123

mickniz
Contributor

thanks for replying @Kaniz . I am using my user person token to connect and I have all access on catalog,schema and tables. I am able to view in Databricks Sql editor but not via Spark connector in power apps. It still shows me 

mickniz_0-1715074450673.png

Is there anything else missed or need to be set. Is it possible to connect to Databricks Sql API via powerapps spark dataflow connector

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mickniz

• Confirm that youโ€™ve set up the Spark connector in PowerApps correctly:
    • Use the โ€˜Spark otherโ€™ connector.
    • Set the โ€˜Serverโ€™ as: https://SERVER_HOSTNAME:443/HTTP_PATH, where SERVER_HOSTNAME and HTTP_PATH should be replaced appropriately.
    • Choose โ€˜HTTPโ€™ as the protocol.
    • Set โ€˜Usernameโ€™ as โ€˜tokenโ€™.
    • Use your Databricks personal access token as the โ€˜Passwordโ€™.
  • If youโ€™re still not seeing the list of tables after expanding the connection, consider the following:
    • Verify that the Databricks workspace youโ€™re connecting to contains the expected tables.
    • Double-check the connection details, including the server URL and token.
    • Ensure that the token has the necessary permissions to access the Unity Catalog.
  • Unfortunately, the PowerApps Spark dataflow connector does not directly support connecting to the Databricks SQL API. It primarily focuses on connecting to data sources via Spark connectors.
  • If you specifically need to interact with the Databricks SQL API, you might need to explore other integration options or custom solutions.

Good luck! ๐Ÿ˜Š