cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Refused: [Databricks][JDBC](11640) Required Connection Key(s): PWD;

wendyl
New Contributor

Hey I'm trying to connect to Databricks using client id and secrets. I'm using JDBC 2.6.38.
I'm using the following connection url: jdbc:databricks://<server-hostname>:443;httpPath=<http-path>;AuthMech=11;Auth_Flow=1;OAuth2ClientId=<service-principal-application-id>;OAuth2Secret=<service-principal-oauth-secret>

But I'm getting the following error message:

Error encountered while running an operation in the data warehouse: [Databricks][JDBC](10100) Connection Refused: [Databricks][JDBC](11640) Required Connection Key(s): PWD; [Databricks][JDBC](11480) Optional Connection Key(s): AllowSelfSignedCerts, AsyncExecPollInterval, AutomaticColumnRename, CAIssuedCertNamesMismatch, CatalogSchemaSwitch, DecimalColumnScale, DefaultStringColumnLength, DelegationToken, DelegationUID, DnsResolver, DnsResolverArg, FastConnection, krbJAASFile, NonSSPs, PreparedMetaLimitZero, RowsFetchedPerBlock, ServerVersion, ServiceDiscoveryMode, SocketFactory, SocketFactoryArg, SocketTimeOut, SSLKeyStore, SSLKeyStorePwd, SSLTrustStore, SSLTrustStorePwd, StripCatalogName, UseCustomTypeCoercionMap, UseNativeQuery

Is there a way I can connect to Databricks without using PWD?

3 REPLIES 3

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @wendyl ,

Could you give as an answer for the following questions?

- does your workspace have private link ?

- do you use  Microsoft Entra ID managed service principal ?

- if you used Entra ID managed SP, did you use secret from Entra ID, or Azure Databricks OAuth secret?

- does your workspace have private link ? No

- do you use  Microsoft Entra ID managed service principal ? No

It's not working because client credential flow is only supported in case of Microsoft Entra managed service principal.

szymon_dybczak_0-1726861090327.png

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group