cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Asset Bundle to deploy only one workflow

niruban
New Contributor II

Hello Community -

I am trying to deploy only one workflow from my CICD. But whenever I am trying to deploy one workflow using "databricks bundle deploy - prod", it is deleting all the existing workflow in the target environment. Is there any option available to deploy only one workflow without impacting the other workflows in databricks asset bundle? Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

Rajani
Contributor

Hi @niruban 

In ideal scenario it should not delete the exsting workflow

I am also using databricks bundle to deploy the prod env but it has never deleted the current workflow.

Can you send me the  snippet where you can see workflow is delete?

niruban
New Contributor II

@Rajani : This is what I am doing. I am having git actions to kick off which will run 

- name: bundle-deploy
run: |
      cd ${{ vars.HOME }}/dev-ops/databricks_cicd_deployment
      databricks bundle deploy --debug

Before running this step, I am creating the yaml file of the modified/newly created workflow alone under resource directory of DABs folder setup. Once I execute the above command it will remove all the other workflows which is not available under resource folder path in the target server.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.