cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks Cluster Start and Stop

mailsathesh
New Contributor II

I want to send out an email if the cluster failed to start, i used to start the cluster using Databricks cli and then terminate them. In some cases ,my cluster is not starting at all and there are some errors.

My use case is to send an email using databricks cli, start the cluster and terminate it if it started. incase if it fails to start, then send an email to a particular support group email id.

Above is my use case. Can you help me with this or is there any better way to do it? Please suggest me if any

2 REPLIES 2

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @mailsathesh ,

You can write a script that will use databricks cli to start cluster. You can you --timeout flag to set maximum amount of time to reach running state. If this amoun is exceeded or if there is any error you can then send an email with notification.
Databricsk Cli  doesn't have email sending feature, but you can write script in bash/powershel/other scripting language to do that.

Slash_0-1724506187188.png

PS: You can also use databricks REST API

Thank you @szymon_dybczak . let me try this and post it back in this channel

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group