Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

horatiug
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can the databricks_mount timeout be changed. ?

I am using terrafom to do databricks workspace configuration and while mounting 6 buckets if duration of mount is bigger than 20 min I get timeout. Is it possible to change the timeout ? thanksHoratiu

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
cblock
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Unable to run jobs with git notebooks

So, in this case our jobs are deployed from our development workspace to our isolated testing workspace via an automated Azure DevOps pipeline. As such, they are created (and thus run as) a service account user.Recently we made the switch to using gi...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Chris Block​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
swatish0395
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

i am working on the parquet file level column encryption and decryption on user specific permission

i am able to encrypt and decrypt the daat in multiple ways and able to save the encrypted parquet file, but i want to decrypt the data if the user has specific permission otherwise he will get the encrypted data,.is there any permanent solution to de...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Lily99
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL function does not work in 'Create Function'

This SQL statement works fine by itself SELECT COUNT(1) FROM tablea f INNER JOIN tableb t ON lower(f.col1) = t.col1but if I want to use it inside a function:​CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fn_abc(var1 ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
grazie
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

how to get dbutils in Runtime 13

We're using the following method (generated by using dbx) to access dbutils, e.g. to retrieve parameters from secret scopes: @staticmethod def _get_dbutils(spark: SparkSession) -> "dbutils": try: from pyspark.dbutils import...

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
colt
New Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

We have something similar in our code. This worked using runtime 13 until last week. Also the Machine Learning DBR doesn't work either.

• 2 kudos
1 More Replies
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Autoloader works on compute cluster, but does not work within a task in workflows

I feel like I am going crazy with this. I have tested a data pipeline on my standard compute cluster. I am loading new files as batch from a Google Cloud Storage bucket. Autoloader works exactly as expected from my notebook on my compute cluster. The...

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Contributor
  • 3 kudos

I found the issue. I describe the solution in the following SO post. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76287095/databricks-autoloader-works-on-compute-cluster-but-does-not-work-within-a-task/76313794#76313794

• 3 kudos
3 More Replies
g96g
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Function in databricks

Im having a hard time to convert below function from SSMS to databricks function. Any help would be appreciated! CREATE FUNCTION [dbo].[MaxOf5Values] (@D1 [int],@D2 [int],@D3 [int],@D4 [int],@D5 [int]) RETURNS int AS BEGIN DECLARE @Result int   ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Givi Salu​ ,​Please refer to this link that will help you convert this function.

• 0 kudos
HappySK
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execute COPY INTO query with source as temp view

We are having the files that needs to be loaded into the delta tableNow we want to perform some transformation on the files and load that into the tableWhat we didCreate a Spark DF from that fileApply transformation on the DFCreate a temp view from t...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Sravan Kumar Mohanraj​ ,Yes, you can use copy query in this case your temp_view will be source.For more info, please visit these links.

• 0 kudos
Ismail1
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! API Authentication

I am trying to run some API calls to the account console. I tried with every syntax possible encoded and decoded to get the call successfully but it returns a "user not authenticated" error. But when I tried with the Account admin it worked. I need t...

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Ismail1
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Hi Venkat, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Sujitha
by Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

�� Welcome to Chennai User Group Community! �� We are thrilled to have you join our vibrant and enthusiastic community of users! Whether...

Welcome to Chennai User Group Community! We are thrilled to have you join our vibrant and enthusiastic community of users! Whether you are a seasoned expert or a newcomer, this group is the perfect place for you to connect, learn, and grow alongside...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
swatish0395
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! how to create a scala jar using db notebook and save it in a file path inside databricks

I have scala function as below, i am unable to understand how to write a scala jar with the same, please find below code i have used Enforcing Column-Level Encryption - Databrick %scala import com.macasaet.fernet.{Key, StringValidator, Token}import o...

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
swatish0395
New Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

I had to finally create the jar using teh intellij and sbt iconfiguration on the same env. and then installed the jar in the cluster it worked

• 4 kudos
2 More Replies
Bhawna_bedi
by New Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
Latest Reply
merca
Valued Contributor II
  • 5 kudos

If you are streaming to delta, not much, the micro batch will fail and in next time the stream will pick up from last successful write (due to ACID). I don't know about other formats, what happens if the stream is aborted in mid micro batch.

• 5 kudos
6 More Replies
Prashant777
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot perform Merge as multiple source rows matched and attempted to modify the same

My Code:-- CREATE OR REPLACE TEMPORARY VIEW preprocessed_source ASSELECT  Key_ID,  Distributor_ID,  Customer_ID,  Customer_Name,  ChannelFROM integr_masterdata.Customer_Master;-- Step 2: Perform the merge operation using the preprocessed source table...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Prashant Joshi​ Hope everything is going great.Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us s...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
THIAM_HUATTAN
by Valued Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! Delta Lake’s CDF Feature

https://www.databricks.com/notebooks/delta-lake-cdf.htmlI am trying to understand the above article. Could someone explain to be the below questions?a) From SELECT * FROM table_changes('gold_consensus_eps', 2)why is consensus_eps values of 2.1 and 2....

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 6 kudos

Hi @THIAM HUAT TAN​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answer...

• 6 kudos
5 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors