Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Priyag1
by Honored Contributor II
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Community Reward points

Hi Data bricks team , It is informed that all the lifetime points on community will be retired by June 2023. Is it the same for brightsites reward store also .Will the brightsites get restored or lost along with community life time points ? @Vidula...

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Sujitha
Community Manager
  • 3 kudos

@Priyadarshini G​ So, we are updating our community platform to provide a better experience for our users and members. As part of the updates, we plan on introducing a new recognition protocol that will better celebrate members for their contribution...

• 3 kudos
6 More Replies
digui
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues when trying to modify log4j.properties

Hi y'all.​I'm trying to export metrics and logs to AWS cloudwatch, but while following their tutorial to do so, I ended up facing this error when trying to initialize my cluster with an init script they provided.This is the part where the script fail...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
atulec016
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I am facing the same issue . error details|+ tree /home/ubuntu/databricks/spark/dbconf | |+ cat /home/ubuntu/databricks/spark/dbconf/log4j/driver/log4j2.xml | |+ sed -i '/^log4j.appender.publicFile.layout/ s/^/#/g' /home/ubuntu/databricks/spark/dbcon...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Satty
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solution for ConnectException error: This is often caused by an OOM error that causes the connection to the Python REPL to be closed. Check your query's memory usage.

When ever I am trying to run and load multiple files in single dataframe for processing (overall file size is more than 15 gb in single dataframe at the end of the loop, my code is crashing everytime with the below error...ConnectException error: Thi...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
pvignesh92
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

@Satish Agarwal​ It seems your system memory is not sufficient to load the 15GB file. I believe you are using Python Pandas data frame for loading 15GB file and not using Spark. Is there any particular reason that you cannot use Spark for this.

• 0 kudos
Yash_542965
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLT aggregation problem

I'm utilizing SQL to perform aggregation operations within a gold layer of a DLT pipeline. However, I'm encountering an error when running the pipeline while attempting to return a data frame using spark.sql.Could anyone please assist me with the SQL...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
pvignesh92
by Honored Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very often, we need to know how many files my table path contains and the overall size of the path for various optimizations. In the past, I had to wr...

Very often, we need to know how many files my table path contains and the overall size of the path for various optimizations. In the past, I had to write my own logic to accomplish this.Delta Lake is making life easier. See how simple it is to obtain...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Databricks3
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

%run is not working

I have created two notebooks in my workspace one(A) is having function and other one(B) is having the main code.I am trying to use the %run magic function to use the functions available in notebook A from notebook B. Both notebooks are on the same pa...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@SK ASIF ALI​ â€‹It's not supported in community if you are using premium version then this should workCan you please send the snippet of the error message? #DAIS2023​ 

• 0 kudos
carlosst01
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

java.lang.SecurityException: Could not verify permissions for DeleteFromTable ERROR IN EXTERNAL SYNAPSE TABLE

Hi guys, I am trying to delete an external table in Databricks that is connected to a Synapse table (via the com.databricks.spark.sqldw connector) but got the error shown below:Apart from that, when I try to execute an DELETE and INSERT actions (like...

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 12.02.52 PM WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 12.08.16 PM WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 12.13.14 PM
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
darkraisisi
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way to manually update the cuda required file in the db runtime? There are some rather annoying bugs still in TF 2.11 that have been fixed ...

Is there a way to manually update the cuda required file in the db runtime?There are some rather annoying bugs still in TF 2.11 that have been fixed in TF 2.12.Sadly the latest DB runtime 13.1 (beta) only supports the older TF 2.11 even tho 2.12 was ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Brian61
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
pedroHmdo
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Why I did not receive the databricks lakehouse fundamentals accreditation badge?

I have passed the test but did not receive the Badge. I also didn't receive any email.Thank you for you attention.

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 3 kudos

Hi @Pedro Medeiros​ Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answer...

• 3 kudos
1 More Replies
Neil
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

While trying to save the spark dataframe to delta table is taking too long

While working on video analytics task I need to save the image bytes to the delta table earlier extracted into the spark dataframe. While I want to over write a same delta table over the period of complete task and also the size of input data differs...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

can you check the spark UI, to see where the time is spent?It can be a join, udf, ...

• 0 kudos
FRG96
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to set the ABFSS URL for Azure Databricks Init Scripts that have spaces in directory names?

I want to use an Init Script on ADLS Gen2 location for my Azure Databricks 11.3 and 12.2 clusters. The init_script.sh is placed in a directory that has spaces in it:https://storageaccount1.blob.core.windows.net/container1/directory%20with%20spaces/su...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Chinu
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to create a raw data (with filter_by) to pull query history from now to 5 mins ago

Hi Team, Is it possible I can use "query_start_time_range" filter from the api call to get the query data only from now to 5 mins ago?Im using telegraf to call query history api but it looks like Im reaching the max return and I can't find how to use...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
mathan_pillai
Valued Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Have you checked this https://docs.databricks.com/api-explorer/workspace/queryhistory/list you can list the queries based on time range as well. So you can try passing the fields in the filter_by parameter. Then pass the value as (current time - 5 m...

• 1 kudos
User16783854357
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delta Sharing - Who provides the server?

I would like to understand who provides the server when using Delta sharing? If a customer exposes their delta table through Delta sharing, is it the customer who needs to setup a cluster or server to process the incoming requests?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
BigRoux
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

The producer does need a cluster to set up Delta Sharing. However, once the handoff happens no cluster is needed, the data will be delivered via storage services.

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors